Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart watch unsafe?

(Topic created on: 15-11-2023 06:29 PM)
Cenimm
Pioneer
Options
I just want to know if smart watches is unsafe becuse we only get 1 maybe 2 updates a year and the security update right now is from Juni..
Phones get most of the time one every month to update the security... 
5 REPLIES 5
JakeSully
Helping Hand
Options
This is something how Google has made WearOS I don't think any other smart watch get much updates as well.
Cenimm
Pioneer
Options
Didn't Samsung and Google revive wear os?
And it this the reason the amount of daily application don't exist because of safety reasons or do company just don't care about smartwatch yet? 🤔
JakeSully
Helping Hand
Options
No WearOS was never dead. Samsung joined Google to build a WearOS version for galaxy watch. So WearOS we have is not same as WearOS google has made
Cenimm
Pioneer
Options
What's different with Google/Samsung version? Becuse it's filled with Google stuff so it fells just like the Samsung phone version with just a Samsung skin over.
JakeSully
Helping Hand
Options
Previous watches used 100% own made OS called Tizen OS and that did not support google apps and other apps through Google play store. So then samsung joined Google to build a WearOS based on tizen and WearOS so watch can support both apps from samsung made for Tizen and apps from Google made for WearOS.

This was also so that Samsung didn't have to re-build their apps to work for WearOS, instead galaxy watch uses Tizen made Apps from Samsung.

This is what i read, even Google assistance is own made version to work on WearOS for galaxy watch.