Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Rebranding

(Topic created on: 30-03-2022 08:51 PM)
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Samsung has dropped the Z branding for Fold and Flip  in some Eastern European countries   due to the  Z taking on a different meaning in  Russia. Whilst rights/wrongs of military action not to be discussed here thought might be of interest in general terms. Just question is  the Z  Branding  for Fold and Flip valuable anyway?

No change yet in western markets and unclear if permanent change  but may be global decision at some point.  https://www.androidcentral.com/samsung-removes-z-branding-march 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Think it's an unnecessary thing to do as I don't think people realistically compare that to what's going on.
But I guess you have to see the precaution they are taking.
The Branding gives the name a more dynamic sounding for advertising, but it's not really necessary
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

May not actually be necessary  but then image can be an important factor.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
There was a TV model called eyesis (sorry mods the actual spelling is quite rightly filtered) on sale in ASDA stores. You can still find them on Amazon oddly enough but probably 2nd hand models people are offloading. They're cheap Freeview 720p sets after all.
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
Also possible eventually you'll get Fold S and Fold A for example. They could always go with Flip V...