Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Customer Experience

(Topic created on: 05-05-2022 12:13 PM)
Bein
Journeyman
Options
I am interested to hear from others who might have had similar experiences over the last couple of months with Samsung, which I have to start by saying have not been good, in fact they have been pretty awful to say the least.

It started when they pulled their original trade-in promotion on the S22+ two days before the advertised end date when I had an order sitting in my basket ready to go. At the same time, I ordered a Galaxy s8 Ultra which took over a month to arrive. I then claimed for the keyboard as part of the promotion and that still has not arrived. The '45 days' timeframe for delivery gives them until 9th May but the promotions team say this is unlikely to arrive by then. So from my original order back on 24th Feb, I am still sitting here with a brand new tablet which is affectively unusable with no cover, keyboard, meaning I can't use it away from the office/house!

Having reneged on the S22+ trade-in, I managed to order an s22 which is an OK phone but the battery isn't great so has been pretty diappointing - moved from a Oneplus which was an excellent phone, but the updated UI is rubbish, otherise I would have stuck with them. Anyway, I then ordered a phone case which was despatched the following day (according to the order in my account) and which was supposed to be delivered last week. It has still not arrived with no explanation as to where it is...

So, I have spent the best part of £1,500 and have a tablet which I can't transport around and a phone which I am petrified I will drop because I can't get a phone case - brilliant!

Overall, my customer experience with Samsung over the last three months has really been appalling and I would struggle to recommend them to anyone at the moment. 

#s22 

8 REPLIES 8
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
It's fair to say that Samsung Customer Support is and has been challenging.
My dealings with them really were poor at best. Not just me but a friend of mine is still waiting for his tablet but has his case for it ready 🙄

Phone cases you can get easily on markets like Amazon. It's always handy to have more than one anyway and a cheap one if your doing something that may damage your good one.

Coming from a OnePlus phone that has basically vanilla Android to a feature packed Samsung must be an experience. Battery life will never be as good as a stock Android phone.
But there are things you can do like turning off things not being used.
Optimising your phone regularly.
Also like all phones, regularly restarting it.
There are plenty of posts in this community with great advice.

Hopefully everything will turn up and you can get to fully use all your devices and enjoy using them
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
If it were me I'd have just put Nova Launcher on the OnePlus. You can configure that launcher to suit your personal tastes even down to how the app drawer works. It's one of the best if not THE best Android launchers available with near infinite customisation options if you pay for it. Despite that, even the free version offers an extensive feature set too
0 Likes
betinho
Journeyman
Options
I have the same problem with my tab s8 ultra can user because the same issue. My 45 days finish yesterday and now I'm doing um formal complaint letter and see what will happen.
Bein
Journeyman
Options
Hi, likewise - I have just emailed the CEO Sang Ho Jo to complain. His email is s.jo@samsung.com. Can't say I expect a response but who knows! Good luck!
0 Likes
betinho
Journeyman
Options
I will do the same thanks
0 Likes
Bein
Journeyman
Options
It seems the email doesn't work, what a surprise...
0 Likes
betinho
Journeyman
Options
Can we ask for compensation?
0 Likes
Bein
Journeyman
Options
Not sure they care about little old you/me, I'm afraid, would be nice. Thought about sending the tablet back and sticking with my iPad Pro which has been perfectly OK, just wanted to move to Android as like android phones and windowsn and Samsung supposedly have good links with windows. Alas, I have not been able to experience any of this yet.
0 Likes