Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Re: A53 takes deformed pictures after One UI 6 update

(Topic created on: 2 weeks ago)
Nycknaym
Pioneer
Options
Example: my cat looks like it was ran over by a road roller. 20231203_132527_1000013066_1701606331.jpg
164 REPLIES 164
Nycknaym
Pioneer
Options
Hello again,
April has passed without maintenance update 6.1 for Galaxy A53. Is it going to be every month like this? When can we expect this update to arrive? I mean, this time for real, please.
JayBrown
First Poster
Options

I had the same problem for the past few months. The standard answers Samsung have provided do not work and they have provided no other solution. Samsung needs to step up.

0 Likes
Cosmo7
Apprentice
Options

Just came back from my vacation. Beautiful sunny weather and ugly stretched pictures taken using A53. I ordered a new smartphone. It's NOT Samsung.

Nycknaym
Pioneer
Options
Ok, since there's no response from Emmi S this time... there are rumors that the rollout of one ui 6.1 for Galaxy a53 is scheduled for the 14th of May in Canada. This means that Nordic countries could get it even earlier.
Here's a link to one of the articles about it:

https://www.sammobile.com/news/galaxy-a53-a54-s21-fe-one-ui-6-1-update-may-14-canada/
Yordan86
Journeyman
Options

Im very sceptic that 6.1 will fix camera issue, they dont care for mid range phones.

Emmi S
Community Manager
Options

Hi again everyone,

Unfortunately it seems like the fix is delayed. New estimated date I have gotten from our techs is 13th of May, for Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Finland. I keep my fingers crossed its happening now - but please keep in mind its released in batches so not everyone gets the update/fix at the same time. 

As always, let me know how it goes!

/Emmi
Christie21
Explorer
Options

Does anyone know if the update will fix the issue?

0 Likes
swiftmind
First Poster
Options

I simply can not understand why half a year later I still can not use my phone camera without worrying how distorted the images will turn out. I will expect such outcome if I bought some cheap off brand Chinese smartphone, but it's a shame that Samsung allows this to happen. That's half a year, it's not a week or two! And if I am not mistaken this isn't the cheapest of the Samsung models. What a joke! 

Emmi S
Community Manager
Options

Hi! Yes, the update is supposed to fix the issue. For Scandinavia, the expected roll out is from the 13th of May at the moment.

/Emmi
0 Likes
Nycknaym
Pioneer
Options
Ok, so to sum it all up:
Samsung developers screwed up firmware update half a year ago. Since then they have responded three months later with a date which they didn't meet. They gave another which they missed again. Now it's supposed to be two days ago but it doesn't seem like update will arrive this week. And then it's unclear if devs really managed to fix the camera.
Samsung, what the *****? What kind of people are you hiring? How can they work like that?