Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One UI 6.1 Swipe gesture

(Topic created on: 2 weeks ago)
Joe714
First Poster
Options

Why is samsung becoming iphone? The reason I boughtbsamsung was to get away from being forced to do updates, and forced to have my phone set up your way. I loved the swiping gestures for going back and for pulling up recent pages, and now that's gone. I could hide the button bat and utilize my whole screen, now I have to either suffer thru this terrible option for going back, or sheet thru the bar always being on the screen. Come on samsung,  we're better than that

5 REPLIES 5
ExpertofPhones
Pioneer
Options
There is an app: navstar, that tou can download from galaxy store. It worked for me!
Axel1891
First Poster
Options
i can't test One UI 6.1 because i got a very old phone Samsung Galaxy S10 and it seems to crash really soon..!!!
0 Likes
Oxygenic
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

As @ExpertofPhones said, you can use NavStar, in order to get it - go to Galaxy Store (should also be available in Google Play Store now if I'm not misstaken) and install Good Lock by Samsung, inside that app you will find NavStar which let you configure the behaviour to your liking. 

That they changed it is not so strange, Android has evolved and adopted this new gestures so the manufacturers like Samsung will adjust and follow.

And for updates? I don't see good reason for why not to do SW updates, they patches security issues, fixes bug and most often do some performance improvements in the background. You can't get away from that - it's the same with Windows, Mac OS, Android, iOS, Linux, you will need to update :smiling-face: 

BKrisztián
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue. I have a S21 Ultra, and as far as i remember, i have always used the pulling gestures, even on my phone before. After the update my first thought was that my phone broke, because it didn't worked as before. Now I am FORCED to learn a new method, which is really uncomfortable for me (iphone like), and even slower than it used to, especially if I want to open the recently used apps. Or I have to use the button method...

I too really liked the clean look of my screen before, because I could hide the button bat, now there is an ugly line there always. I really hope Samsung will fix this issue ASAP,  or makes it possible to reset the update.

0 Likes
ExpertofPhones
Pioneer
Options
The navstar app is in the goodlock app btw
0 Likes