Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not Being First Has Advantages

(Topic created on: 22-02-2024 02:38 PM)
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
With people returning their Apple Vision Pro headsets.
Apple can't remedy most issues until the next generation. 
This article from SamMobile explains the advantage of others making the mistakes to learn and improve.
8 REPLIES 8
smiley
Troubleshooter
Options
There is definately a price to be paid to have the latest innovation and being an early adopter.

Quite often the early build variants, early software, early preorders are the guinea pigs for following on from beta tests. There is only a certain amount of beta testers and a limited time to test for bugs and issues before they hit the public domain. This also applies to the S24 and other preorders.

A few years ago I went with an S21U on the first day of preorders... for those that were involved would remember overheating issues, unoptimised software and battery life of just a few hours SOT. Additionally smartswitch causing havoc with app compatibility.

This time around it is about lack of vivid colours, and various other complaints. Most issues will be solved in the short term future, and nothing is perfect when it comes first to the market.

There will likely be other small issues with the next phone to release. It is a price to pay for latest tech. Last year I bought my S23U halfway through the year... a much more pleasant experience... most issues resolved.

Back to the conversation of Apple early adopters... there are only certain things that can be fixed with software. A new device may require some hardware fixes before it is fully ready. A LOT of money to pay... for early hardware.

Not sure you have seen Jerry's durability test... a lot of money for something that will be damaged so easily !!

https://youtu.be/LmcWMjBpYBU?si=VsNrJIiEQXNugvMI

Smiley
- Smiley
------------------------------------------------------------------------
SAMSUNG S23 ULTRA 512GB SM-S918B/DS

Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro SM-R920 in Grey Titanium
Samsung Galaxy Buds2 Pro SM-R510 in Graphite
0 Likes
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Yes I did see that test.
Still can't believe it costs that much and they sold so many that places ran out of stock.
All first generation tech will have issues as you say. But one of the big things is weight. Certainly is a main complaint from people returning their Apple Vision Pro headsets
Aronovic
Pathfinder
Options
The first few months is still pretty much beta testing for most technology. The problem with early adoption and youtube endorsements is they almost never point out the negatives.
0 Likes
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Well those that Apple lend devices to will get struck off the list if the YouTube review is negative. Then you have those hoping Apple will notice them.
Proper videos usually come out a while later
smiley
Troubleshooter
Options
I am not saying that information is falsified... but it makes business sense to highlight the good points and keep quiet about the bad points from a promotion perspective.

It is kind of like a job reference idea of being able to list a person's positive attributes but not being able to list the negatives.

As a reviewers business, for the next review to be offered... it need to be impartial and yet not damaging to the manufacturers business. At least until certain 'embargoes' have expired. That is why often the more honest reviews are a number of months later.
- Smiley
------------------------------------------------------------------------
SAMSUNG S23 ULTRA 512GB SM-S918B/DS

Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro SM-R920 in Grey Titanium
Samsung Galaxy Buds2 Pro SM-R510 in Graphite
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I actually love the idea of the Vision Pro, pricey but for hybrid working mega cool, that said I recall using various iterations of the Samsung VR headset, absolutely love it, even though the image quality was dire, but wow genuis to attach a phone and watch a movie.

I think Apple is no longer any sort of innovator, that ended with Steve Jobs and a few of his team who are long gone.

This is where Samsung excels, if anything too innovative sacrificing iterative hardware and software improvements.

That said I do call Apple products suitable for Early Learning Centre types 🤣
Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
0 Likes
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Forgot to say my stints with the Samsung VR headset coupled with my old Sony XM4s it was so absorbing I would lose myself for hours, until the mobile battery died or the device overheated.

In summary too good.
Watch the movie The Surrogates with Bruce Willis.
Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
0 Likes
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I do applaud Apple for what they have done. Gone down a more unique way.
Must have taken a huge amount of R&D work, as well as money to bring it to market. But it's out before it's finished it seems.
I suppose they went so far down the investment rabbit hole. They had to release it.
Best R&D is to throw it out to consumers and see what comes back.
Same thing Samsung did with the original Fold.

I'm struggling to see where they are pitching it though. Who's going to use it.

0 Likes