Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Blootooth Headphones

(Topic created on: 17-08-2023 05:32 PM)
PaulC59
Troubleshooter
Options
I have decided to take the plunge and get a new set of over ear headphones as my ears are too sensitive for the Buds

I have got a set of B&O Beoplay H95 headphones

The sound is outstanding

Pros
Connection super fast and easy
Sound is outstanding
Very comfy
Loads of functions
Stable phone app for firmware updates etc

Cons
Volume a bit low on Bluetooth, removing volume levelling in music player settings helps with this
Expensive so hunt for bargains
Spotify doesn't play HD music so may need to change music app to get full sound quality

Would be interested what others have got for their music, any pros & cons

Have had a couple of months no complants

12 REPLIES 12
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
A friend has these and loves them, I prefer in ear and after many expensive Audiofool wired over and in ear with external Audioquest DAC, is preferred the Buds2 Pro as an overall ANC, Convenience and SQ.

That said I have been itching to buy the Focal Bathys, solely for the reason my main hifi system has Focal speakers.

Spotify my man, the sacrilegious, invest in Qobuz or Tidal or buy ripped files and use Samsung Music, for HD Audio.

NOTE: It is sad Samsung failed to deliver the promised LC3 BT BLE support for proper HD Audio quality.

Appreciate earbuds are not for everyone.
Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Forgot to say for higher resolution Audio, you need Tidal, Qobuz, Ripped Music and then go into developer settings and change (if your headphones support) best sound quality.

SmartSelect_20230817_174129_Settings_1000038346_1692290489.jpg

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
PaulC59
Troubleshooter
Options
I must admit the sound in Buds2 Pro is hard to beat, they outperform most high end brands. My issue is my ears kept getting infected, I have no criticism of the sound performance of the buds in fact I loved having them in my pocket.

My previous over ear headphones were cross-fades, which are great for the hifi or the laptop etc. I honestly don't think Bluetooth could ever compete with wired headphones but they are getting close. I agree with Spotify it's very limited, I do have a Deezer account but not used it yet as I've not subscribed. I will give the apps you suggest a try
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
You reminded me to post a topic about new TWS buds technology.

Tidal and Qobuz offer a 30 day free trial, worth a try, as they say trust your ears 👂

Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Tidal link below, they have just ditched a very marmite MQA format and transitioning to FLAC a lossless format, I have been beta testing and Tidal FLAC is so close to Ripped local music. Only issue is at the moment hard if not impossible to tell if it really is FLAC when selecting MAX Quality.

https://tidal.com/tiers/hifi

GusB
Big Cheese
Options
I used to be a bit of a snob and always use my B&W PX's...but the size, sound and convenience of buds2 pro mean I rarely use the b&w's!!
PaulC59
Troubleshooter
Options
Will definitely give it a try
0 Likes
PaulC59
Troubleshooter
Options
I know where you are coming from, the convenience of the buds is great, it's a shame about the infections, hopefully Buds 3 might be better for sensitive ears
0 Likes
NoteUltraFan
Pathfinder
Options

Those look nice. I didn't buy Galaxy buds either because I need earbudsthat hook around my ears that are wireless because of me always being up doing things. Any other earbuds including Galaxy buds would fall out of my ears. I buy whatever I can get a deal on that is affordable for me. I don't buy expensive earbuds and I'm always buying them because I always have 1 earbud in my ear most the day. I have severe auditory sensory issues and need to drown out some of the noise especially going shopping today. I was feeling run down today and when I was at Aldi, it was screaming kid day so I got what I needed and told my mother I needed to leave due to sensory overload. We went in for a few groceries and some cat stuff, because they have good cat items. But with as easily as I lose earbuds and sometimes accidentally damage them, I buy whatever is on sale and affordable and also with sensory issues with sound as severely as I have, i can never have too many sets. I am always looking for deals on Bluetooth earbuds and power packs. I love buying things for my Galaxies and do whenever possible. I live where tornadoes and bad storms are possible in the Midwest in the USA so you can never have too many power packs and my handbag is also my go bag during severe weather.