Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monitor going black for 1-2 seconds randomly every few minutes. AMD RX 7800 XT | Samsung 27'' Odyssey G5 - LS27AG520NUXEN

(Topic created on: 07-09-2023 09:30 PM)
Klump
Journeyman
Options

Hello,

Since ive installed my new GPU both my Samsung monitors goes black every few minutes. I seem to not be alone with this issue when it comes to AMD GPUs. Ive tried installing the latest firmware for the monitor and got the latest GPU drivers. Anyone knows any soloution to this? 

See this topic for more people with the same issue https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/samsung-lounge/looking-for-firmware-update-for-samsung-quot-27-o...

0 Likes
16 REPLIES 16
Nagarebozhi
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Hello, do u use hdmi cable or display port cable?

If you use DP cable have you possibility to test hdmi instead?
0 Likes
Klump
Journeyman
Options

I'm using displayport 1.4 for both monitors with the issue and also tried a completely new one. HDMI seems to work but not really a solution considering the limitations of hdmi.

0 Likes
Nagarebozhi
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Hello, since there are more people experiencing the same problem, I recommend you contact Samsung support for further assistance in the matter.
https://www.samsung.com/se/support/contact/

Best regards.
0 Likes
Merlacher
First Poster
Options

Hey, i have the same problem, got any solution yet?

0 Likes
Klump
Journeyman
Options

No, issue still remain for me.

0 Likes
Daniel-M
Options

Hi!

We are investigating this issue. We'll get back to you as soon as we've figured something out.

/Daniel
anttipatia
Apprentice
Options

Hi! 

Any fixes yet? I've been having the same problem since September and the only "fix" was to use HDMI which isn't a fix.

Now i tried the DP if it was an AMD driver problem, but still no fix after a couple updates.

0 Likes
anttipatia
Apprentice
Options

Found a fix from the other thread. 

Tried lowering the refresh rate of the monitor through AMD Adrenalin software.

Gaming -> Display -> Custom resolutions -> Create new

I changed the refresh rate (hz) 165 -> 160 and g.refresh rate (hz) 164.836 -> 160 

Then changed the refresh rate through windows display settings to 160hz.

No issues for now. It's isn't a true fix tho. I paid for 165hz. Nevertheless 160hz with DP and FreeSync Premium is way better than 144hz and HDMI i had been using for months by now. The whole gaming experience turned way better. It's like a using a different way better PC. 

aaapo
First Poster
Options

I've been trying to fix this issue three days also. Bought quite expensive dp cable and all but nothing fixes it. Only way to stop it is lowering your refresh rate as mentioned above. Also using 7800xt

0 Likes