Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LC34G55TWWUXEN Updated with wrong firmware

(Topic created on: 28-05-2023 04:22 PM)
Vanheelsing
Explorer
Options

Hi samsung, 

I recently updated the firmware on my G5 model: LC34G55TWWUXEN with the following firmware: M-T5534GCPA-1005.3[E230] which i think is not the correct one for my models this is becouse i am facing issue with the monitor mainly:

Ocasionally the monitor will enter in the color test mode on wake up;

Ocasionally the monitor loses all the settings i have set up as if it has been resetted;

Ocasionally the monitor will show some graphical artifacts;

All of these issues are fixed simply by rebooting the monitor and it will work far a couple of days untill one of the issues shows up. 
I have tried reset the screen but didn't fix it.
Is it possible to have the exact most up to date firmware for my monitor for me to try and updated it? If after that i still face issues i will have to RMA my device although before the update i did the monitor was fine and worked fine for 2 years...

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Emmi S
Community Manager
Options

Hi @Vanheelsing 

Thank you for your message! If you have not changed the file name, it is the correct FW that I attached earlier. It checks so that the FW name matches what is installed in the screen (however, it will be wrong if you deliberately renamed the file name).

Maybe you can try to install it again and the "Reset All", or if its called "Factory Default", on the screen in the menu.

If your update would indicate that you already have the latest version, then you can rename 1005.3 to 1007 instead, and it will be installed. And then it will show the correct FW version in your screen. 

RMA is probably not relevant, but if the fault persists and you still have warranty, you can report the fault via our support. You can also contact our support if you want more guidance -  hope this helps you! 😊

/Emmi
0 Likes
Vanheelsing
Explorer
Options

Will try

Vanheelsing
Explorer
Options

It keeps saying the software version of the device is later than the update file...
I renamed the file to M-T5534GCPA-1007[E230].bin but still got that masseage

0 Likes
Emmi S
Community Manager
Options

Hmm then in this case, I think you need to contact our Support for further help and testing 🤔 Don't know what it can be based on your information, it needs to be investigated further. Sorry not to be able to help here 😕

/Emmi
0 Likes
Vanheelsing
Explorer
Options

Seems like the problems are back.

I just wish i had the previous version it came with to try... 
Do you happen to have previous versions?

0 Likes