Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with Google wallet

(Topic created on: 15-03-2024 02:31 PM)
dadwork
Apprentice
Options

Hi I am new to this but I have a question regarding my Samsung S21 5G and google wallet. I have tried many ways but for some reason this phone will not let me add my card, it goes through the process until it says couldnt finish card setup for pay contactless. The card is setup in google pay and works fine and if I try and load this card onto my S10+ it works fine so I know it cannot be the card. I have tried resetting wallet, clearing cache and data, removing google play service updates but nothing is working. Has any one got the solution to this please. Thank you in advance.

7 REPLIES 7
Ham0deh
Navigator
Options
Did you try to add the card to Samsung Wallet/Pay? @dadwork
dadwork
Apprentice
Options

Yes I have tried doing both but neither work I was wondering if this is due to Ui6 or  Android 14? Its just disappointing as my previous phone works fine.

Ham0deh
Navigator
Options
Umm 🤔, I don't think it's an Android 14 or UI 6 issue. My card works perfectly on my Android 14 One UI 6.1, and even on my other phone that runs on Android 14 One UI 6.0. I reckon it's something to do with your bank that's preventing you from adding your card to new phones.
dadwork
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for your reply. If my card works on my s20+ what would stop it working on this phone. Do I have to have Samsung account running as well as google? do I have to have Samsung security running to allow the phone to meet the requirements? at present only have google running?

Ham0deh
Navigator
Options
@dadwork, I think you need to sign in to your Samsung account to use Samsung Wallet. If your card works on your S20+, try signing in with the same account on your S21. Then, turn on syncing in the Samsung Wallet app settings. Maybe your card will automatically transfer from your S20+ to the S21 without you having to add it manually. If it works on your S20+ but not on your S21, you might need to link and activate it from your bank's website. If you're in Sweden, you'll need to go to the bank's page and sign in with your Bank ID.
WireWrangler
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Just a thought, are you using a language on the device that is not the native language of where the bank is from? For example I'm in Norway but use English on my device. The bank I use will not let the process finish unless I switch the the device language to Norwegian. It will go through the process all the way to the last step then fail to add card. After switching to Norwegian it completes the process smoothly.

Nagarebozhi
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Hello, It can be as WireWrangler says that you have a different language or region set in the phone that your bank does not allow, or that you bought the phone, for example, from a refurb or other store that supplies phones from other countries and then you may have problems using Google Wallet or Samsung Wallet if you are unlucky. German phones, for example, cannot use Samsung Wallet in Sweden as they have a different system.