Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Initiate return on my S22 Ultra due to not getting Galaxy AI?

(Topic created on: 09-03-2024 10:36 AM)
Mackovich
Explorer
Options

Hello!

Due to Samsung's broken promise to offer at least 4 years of updates to the S22 Ultra, I would like to initiate a return of my phone.

This is due to the information that the S22 Ultra will not get Galaxy AI, which is a significant part of the new interface from Samsung.

How can  we proceed? How can we add pressure on Samsung here?

10 REPLIES 10
Ham0deh
Pioneer
Options
I agree, the S22 Ultra remains a robust device, and it would be advantageous for Samsung to incorporate it into their AI future endeavors.
Ratteb
Pioneer
Options
It is difficult to incorporate the new AI features into the older phones as they are not built with the new AI chip. That would cause the phones to over heat and lag. Even if they add those features they won't be fully functional as the new S24.
amit29
Apprentice
Options

Absolutely correct. Those features that aren't hardware dependent should be released by Samsung to the compatible devices or else they should be taken to task for breaking their contract with the customers!

amit29
Apprentice
Options

Really, Then how are they giving Galaxy AI update to S23 FE which is using same processor as S22 Ultra?

Andie77
First Poster
Options

Without getting that update we should be offered a trade-in for the new model then. It's not like the price is paid for my phone was pittens. Come on do the right thing.

Members_s9FxtrH
First Poster
Options

Launch a social media campaign about their decision and we will all join in this class action to put pressure on Samsung to rescind their decision.

I bought my S22 ultra new from Samsung and the following week the S23 was released but was banking on the 4 years of updates until now...

Members_CyptDh3
First Poster
Options

I believed I was future proof, ( for 4 years at least), when I purchased my S22! 

I feel well miffed that the S22 has not received the update, this has also impacted on its value, have you noticed the resale value of the S22 is now so low:-(

If they dont provide the updates for  the agreed 4 years I for one will not be buying any more Samsung phones!

Members_bvkAxqS
First Poster
Options

Then it doesn't make sense why the s23 FE with the same exynos 2200 gets it

Members_ZRUlOBU
First Poster
Options

Let that the be end users decisio , not Samsung's. It's a feature that you can turn off so it doesn't matter.