Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP

(Topic created on: 06-04-2023 05:49 PM)
GABIG1
Student
Options

Hello,

I'm in need of some help. About a month ago I sent in my Samsung S22 Ultra for repair. It had a cracked screen and wouldn't turn off. It took about 3 weeks to get back to me. After receiving the phone back from Samsung I found it was network-locked. I called my service provider and they informed me that the phone I had was never under my plan. They asked me if it was even the same phone I sent for repair. I checked the model code (SM-S9****) to the one I sent in and they are in fact different. The numbers look similar but the last few characters are different. I'm sorry for the long passage but I'm worried that Samsung sent me the wrong phone back. It is still network-locked and can not use any SIM or ESIM. I could really use some help on what to do. 

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
keith30
Maestro
Options
Do you know what your IMEI was when you first got the phone and what number it is showing now, if they different then you'll have a different phone.
PaulC59
Troubleshooter
Options
Just contact the repair centre who did the repair and tell them they have sent you the wrong phone. If your phone is beyond repair they need to send a replacement that isn't locked. I'm not sure why it would be network locked though as I don't think providers can do this anymore due to changes in regulations? It might be easier to walk into a service centre and have them check it out in case it's something else. Hope this helps
GABIG1
Student
Options

Thank you so much for your help, I'll try this out today.

PaulC59
Troubleshooter
Options
AntS
Options

Cheers guys!

Hi @GABIG1 , Which country are you based in? And have you been in touch with Samsung Support where you are to get any info on it all? If so, what did they advise you?

0 Likes