Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hacking

(Topic created on: 02-09-2023 11:25 AM)
Auldv789
Journeyman
Options

My neighbour is hacking me.  He has taken control of my email and has locked me out of my Samsung account .  He has also added a false feed to my email on which he has added a photo of someone with the same name as he is using from LinkedIn.   I don't know  why he is doing it.  I'm a 68 year boring old woman although I did have to sign the Official Secrets Act for my work.  How can I get back my privacy and control of my phone?  The email sent to verify it was me who changed my password was deleted before I could answer it.

0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14
Piper123
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Did you have a back up email added to your account?

If so, use that one to regain access.

Would also report to the police as this is potential fraud.
Auldv789
Journeyman
Options
I did have a back up email but it has disappeared from my phone. Although I think it might have only been for Google. Police aren't interested as he hasn't stolen anything yet . Just my privacy.. That is why I am worried. I am going to warn my old work in case it is to do with my old work. I went up on Friday but COVID changed working habits. Seems everyone works from home o a Friday!
0 Likes
FOXY10
Navigator
Options
Call Action Fraud on 0300 123 2040 (textphone 0300 123 2050).
Auldv789
Journeyman
Options
Thank you. He must have been able to read what I wrote as he has started taking stuff to his boyfriend's/partner in crime who lives quite close by too. Thanks again, I'll try the number.
0 Likes
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Why do you think you have been hacked and what make you think it's your neighbour?

What j would do is contact the banks that's strange activity. Create a new email account and have all correspondence and accounts LinkedIn, banks, etc.... redirected to new account, back up your phones and files

Factory reset your phone
PaulM1
Options

Hi there, @Auldv789. I appreciate you will be eager to get this resolved as quickly as possible. Have you had a chance to look at the guide below (from Samsung Caribbean)?:

https://www.samsung.com/latin_en/support/apps-services/what-to-do-if-an-unknown-sign-in-or-hacking-a...

I'd recommend going through the suggested steps. If you're based in the UK, I'd also recommend contacting the Samsung Accounts Team on 0800 995 1079 to get your account details reset (if you can't do this yourself). Our colleagues will be able to assist you in getting your account details updated.

Please let us know when you get this resolved.

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Auldv789  Follow the advice of @-Robot-  and others.  Be wary of certain links in texts/emails and unsecured public wifi.  Some other general advice for the future here https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/section/information-for/individuals-families 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Auldv789
Journeyman
Options
Thank you
Auldv789
Journeyman
Options
Sorry, can't give details like that as I'm being hacked! I don't want to risk it. Thank you for your help though.
0 Likes