Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy vs apple now I’m on the other side

(Topic created on: 15-02-2024 07:04 AM)
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options

So I though I would post about my experiences now I’m on the other side of the fence and this won’t be biased despite me being so cross with Samsung (customer service might be a little bit biased though 😂

so firstly the phone I had an s23 ultra (s24 ultra for a day for those who don’t know but it was faulty) now I have an iPhone 15. I had to get the base model due to me being in a rush for my phone and Samsung holding my trade in and my money. Anyway for the phone it’s a very close call. I will be talking mainly about my experience than comparing the products as all high and Samsungs and iPhones are pretty good. It’s going to be too much for me to write in detail and for you to read so I’m just going to summarise.

The phones. The iPhone has better durability & build quality and this bearing in mind the iPhone is the base 15 and the s23 ultra was the top line. The galaxy has more software features and you generally get more for your money. Apple integrates the software much better with accessories which I will mention shortly and it’s so refreshing to have one app for everything and not 2. iOS is more fluid and very refined, however Samsung is more fun and I got to say probably still a bit more stable although I haven’t had an major issues on the iPhone just minor cosmetic glitches. 
so for the phones I would say if you want and easy phone to use and you just use the core features the iPhone wins. It also takes much better pictures on a point and shot bases and has more options. However if you want fun features and probably the most stable phone on the planet Samsung is good. It’s just let down by terrible quality control and customer service which is actually why I’m on iPhone. Nothing to do with the product just the service. No clear winner with the phones but just due to build and customer service the iPhone only just takes the edge here but if Samsung  made its phones properly it could actually still be Samsung for me.

headphones this is an easy one. I would say Samsung headphones used to win apart from being very itchy. The new buds pro 2 however are just awful so the air prods pro 2 simply win this end of. They are comfy and have balanced sound.

watches. Again very easy. Samsung watches need a lot of work. I had 5 pro which was Samsungs best. It was laggy featureless and just simply didn’t work properly half the time. It was a lovely build though and had great battery. The Apple Watch is fast fluid and the aod adapts to what you doing you don’t just have dark and very dark. So I’m sorry Samsung clear winner here. Apple Watch battery is a little bit ***** though.

tablets I got to say Samsung. Wins here. I have an iPad mini 6 and a galaxy tab s9 ultra and although unfair test  I’m basing it more of experience. With the tablets Samsung gives you so many options like dex and a free pen with most. I actually still have both tablets. The mini is used for just browsing and my tab s9 ultra is my power house and my media monster. 

so in summary as a whole you can’t go wrong with either generally speaking Samsung makes more enticing phones if you can bag a good one. Apples line up is more boring but you know it will just work.

Apple makes much better accessory’s headphones and watches are in a different world. 

for the tablets most people would argue and say iPad is better but no. iPad is overpriced and poor value. Don’t get me wrong they are good but Samsung brings more to the table here.

software simply Samsungs is more stable and more fun. Apples connects to your life better and is more intuitive.

customer service. Samsung hasn’t got any it’s as simple as that. Apples is very good. I had an issue with apple last time I was with them which was why I ended up on Samsung (I’m always switching) it ended up with me gettigg n a free iPhone which I gave away as I already took delivery of my s23 ultra basically they were great but it was too late. In fairness to Apple though it was Amazon that caused the issue.  Samsung I have been left with a bitter taste in my mouth and I’m 200 pound down and now on a regular phone rather than a pro/ultra because of them. I will be very very scared to purchase any Samsung products in the future which is a shame as I really like them. Where I am now I am happy knowing if my iPhone breaks down they will send one within 24 hours. If I break it I will pay £110 and a phone will be send within 24 hours. With Samsung if your phone is faulty you wait 8 weeks. If it’s faulty mid way through it’s life you have to send for repair despite having care plus that is just poo. 

if you got to the end thanks for reading 

Ash 

34 REPLIES 34
smiley
Troubleshooter
Options
@AshtabS9Ultra I have been following your issues in this S24 upgrade and also interacting with you for years on the forums here.

It is disappointing the problems that have driven you to make these changes but as in life, we all have choices.

A series of events have led to this... your need to upgrade a 6 month old S23U phone... a faulty handset which is unfortunate, and then the way the recycle company operate and unable to supply your old phone back. Then your choices not to wait a month for a replacement and accept a low value cost.

Knowing what you know now and given these choices again i wonder if you would have made these choices differently.

Nonetheless I think the way things have been handled in your case have driven you away from samsung and this is not good. You are exactly the kind of customer that Samsung should be striving to keep and retain !

Now moving to the Apple 🍎 comments... I am very glad that you have found your new preferred phone and supplier and have chosed to join the IOS ecosystem. I have a lot of friends who are avid 'apple through and through' followers.

I have personal reasons why I wouldn't buy another apple product that go back many years, and I am not willing to go through that now... my judgement does also tap into my engineer brain and dislike for the way the IOS ecosystem locks everything down to the high degree and not being able to dabble in areas that a user should be able. I mean heck, going back a few years you couldn't even drag and drop a simple music or video file to an iPhone and everything had to be through iTunes... not sure if this is still the case.

I owned an iPhone 6 many years ago... I tried it... and hated this 2 year period until upgrade...never again.

Thanks for your reviews and glowing reference to all the apple products you have switched to. Unfortunately I think we now have very different opinions.

I own an s23u phone, buds 2 Pro and a galaxy watch 5 Pro and your ratings of awful in each of these are a complete turnaround from your earlier posts over the past couple of years.

I didn't read all your text, as soon as I saw the comments of all the samsung items you have owned happily for the last year, I glossed over the justifications you have given.

Appreciate chatting with you over the years, good luck in your new experiences. Remember the world is big enough for both android and apple.

P.s. samsung have lost a good customer in you, but compounding in their errors, and your poor choices, it has all fallen flat on face. 😢

Best regards
Smiley.
- Smiley
------------------------------------------------------------------------
SAMSUNG S23 ULTRA 512GB SM-S918B/DS

Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro SM-R920 in Grey Titanium
Samsung Galaxy Buds2 Pro SM-R510 in Graphite
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options

Thanks for the comment. You are right about some of it. I do regret upgrading the s23 U it was too early but the deals were good but looking back this is where it all started. As for the not waiting I don’t regret that who is going to wait 8 weeks for a phone that’s paid I would still be waiting to this day. As for the iPhone I only chosen it purely for customer service my other comments were purely observations. Yes I slated Samsung Watch and buds and yes I was happy enough wisound great and itched and with the watch the lte kept dropping out I tried reaching out but nobody could help. Maybe I was too harsh with them and I don’t want you to think this is a Samsung bashing session. I still very much into Samsung I’m just very scared to ever go back there. If their after care was good I would still be there now really happy. Their choice to recycle the phone so quickly and to not have stock for problems like this is what lead to this. But going back to the beginning your 1000% right biggest regret was parting with that s23U because my 2 favourite phones I ever owned was that one and one other. Your right there is lots of room for android and apple. And honestly neither is better this is my experience only thing I will say till I’m blue in the face is Samsung customer service really sucks beyond belief. Thanks for reading 

0 Likes
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I definitely get what you are saying about the iPhone. Accessories integration is very good.
The integration I have with my Apple MAC computer is so good.
Only Android that I felt was very near, was the Huawei eco system. But they are history now.
Samsung I feel is definitely going in the right direction and getting things right. Won't be long before we get that seamless connection. My S24 Ultra and Z Fold 5 connect with my Samsung Smart TV really well etc

Buds 2 Pro, for me personally is a much better sound than the Airpods. I find I can get a sound profile I like on them and they are just clearer than the Airpods.

All I will say about the iPhone is, it's probably one of the most frustrating phones to use. From the frankly outdated keyboard to the weird settings. Like having some of the camera settings in the settings menu and not in the camera app.
The UI is dreary really. I know Apple are extremely slowly changing things, but Android is so far ahead in all honesty.
Not having something as simple as reverse wireless charging on the iPhone is strange as it will only take small adjustments.
That dropping my Buds 2 Pro on the back of my phone to give them an extra charge is really handy at times when I'm out.

Not being able to swipe to go back is an annoyance as well.
I like navigating one handed, especially if I'm walking the dogs.

I say this as I have the iPhone 15 Pro Max with Airpods and Mac computer. Alongside my S24 Ultra and Z Fold 5.
Sadly I need the iPhone for work purposes, otherwise it would be gone.

Think this year, I can see the cameras being more user friendly on the iPhone, I guess you can say. Just a few taps and you get what you need. Something to be said for simplicity.
But my S24 Ultra for me is still better. I can adjust photos how I like them, same with video.
The thing with the extra lenses on the iPhone is just a gimmick.
I do like the being able to film in ProRes LOG is very good though on the iPhone
smiley
Troubleshooter
Options
Thankfully Ash I have never had a need for Samsung customer services over the years.

Obviously I can only sympathise with the way you have been treated as well as many others. This is a daily complaint so I definately get your and others comments on that subject.

I guess the fact I have owned the S3,S4,S7 Edge, S8 plus, s10+,S21u, S23u as well as a number of watches and buds and never needed the customer services must say a little something... the faulty handsets are in the minority. But if you do need their support it sounds extremely frustrating in many ways.

Perhaps with my dedication to Samsung I might be classed a bit of a 'fan boy' 😄... but I guess I enjoy the software and hardware design and 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it' applies.

I have looked towards pixel 7 and other android. Until this time I have remained loyal. However relationships are broken very easily and it is very possible in the future if I have a bad experience like you, that my views will change very quickly. 👍

Good luck. I hope your S9 tab keeps performing and you have a good reason to make active contributions to the forum.

Smiley.
- Smiley
------------------------------------------------------------------------
SAMSUNG S23 ULTRA 512GB SM-S918B/DS

Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro SM-R920 in Grey Titanium
Samsung Galaxy Buds2 Pro SM-R510 in Graphite
0 Likes
Star_girl
Hotshot
Options
I like the IPhone built and battery durability but their system puts me down and the way you have to pay for everything it's just not worth it.
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options

Yea I agree with most of that. My buds pro 2 must have been faulty. They had amazing bass but the highs were very scratchy if that makes sense. The AirPods are less bassy but more clearer and flat. Again with music it’s a matter of opinion i suppose. Apple ui is dreary but clean. I do hate that to go into settings to and to find the app to change settings that is daft whereas Samsung you can just hold down the app button. You’re lucky having your hands on all that tech. To be honest I think my answer would be to have both. Probably a Samsung for work and my iPhone for personal. I still like both always will but I think I need to settle down now as spending too much money switching all the time.

0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options

Nothing wrong with being a Samsung fan boy. My issue is I can’t settle with either one always does something to annoy me. To make it clear I still like both and maybe my answer is to have both. Because of customer services though I wouldn’t be able to have just a Samsung on its own I have to have my phone at all times for work that’s why I was so inconvenienced. I will still be having fun with my tablet though and as soon as members is fixed on the tablet I will be back on replying and helping out.  

0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options

Yes I agree totally soon Apple will charge to turn the phone on 😂

Robin999
Big Cheese
Options
Glad you're getting on with the iPhone. I never knew you were only 6 months into the S23U. I'm 12 months into mine and despite the good trade in offers, I still wasn't tempted. I'm glad I held off (especially with all the S24 teething problems) and happy to wait and see what the S25 offers. Which brings me back to a saying that my old dad constantly reminded me of...Time costs you nothing.