Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy AI - what is coming?

(Topic created on: 04-01-2024 08:41 AM)
Oxygenic
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

So, the next Unpacked event is announced, and to me, it sounds really intriguing. Sure, we will most likely see the S24 series, but that's not what is being teased. Nope. Enter Galaxy AI.

AI? Meh... Everything uses AI nowadays, you might say. Sure, it's almost overused, but this time, what if Samsung has cooked up something truly revolutionizing? Personally, I use AIs in my work almost every day, and I also create generative art with them. But I can't shake the feeling that it is still so clunky; you have to craft your prompts very carefully, and then it might still be a hit or miss.

What if Samsung has created Galaxy AI to replace Bixby as a truly smart assistant? Using multimodal AI (one that can use several inputs like live camera streams, images, or sensors rather than just text or speech). Or, is it just a smarter Bixby? Or an AI-powered launcher? We don't know yet, but I'm curious - what do you think, expect, and wish for? :smiling-face:

9 REPLIES 9
WireWrangler
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

It would be really awesome to see it be a full integration of gpt or the likes. It would be a bit much to have access to all the media though, perhaps as just an option for a, `let me show you` option. In general im pretty excited to see what is coming.  

Emmi S
Community Manager
Options

Even I don't know what's in the pipe, but I hope AI to be more integrated in the phone. Would be so useful to handle things faster and in a more creative way (I imagine!), for example I use ChatGPT a lot and make AI generated photos. Lets see what's cooking 😎

/Emmi
Nagarebozhi
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
I agree with Emmi, it would be fun to see. but I wish they would replace bixby with a smarter AI assistant who maybe after 10 years or something learned Swedish :face-with-stuck-out-tongue-and-winking-eye: It is something I hope for when all events are that they will announce that the Swedish language will be implemented in Galaxy's assistant. so you can use samsung 100% in everything?
JohanEk
First Poster
Options
Also hoping for an AI-assistant, be it Bixby or in some other form. If it can get to know me, what I like and react to my interaction in a non-generic way it would be great.
Oxygenic
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Yeah, a smarter more "real" assistant would be sweet. Although I'm not a Bixby fan at all to be honest.
Oxygenic
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Soon we'll know!1705514508733.jpg
damii90
Journeyman
Options
Hey, will this AI be included in S23 Ultra?
Emmi S
Community Manager
Options

Hi @damii90 

Yes, it seems like last years flagship models will get AI functions too (I don't have information on what functions exactly or when) 😊

/Emmi
damii90
Journeyman
Options
OK thank you 😉