Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Discussion] The new Galaxy AI

(Topic created on: 18-01-2024 01:26 PM)
Nagarebozhi
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Hello Samsung community, I thought we could have a thread where we can discuss the new Galaxy AI that was presented yesterday at Galaxy Unpacked. Which features did you like the most, what do you think? And how to use the different functions. The word is free so make the commentary flow 😁
22 REPLIES 22
Nagarebozhi
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
I think Galaxy AI seems absolutely wonderful, the new functions with translation will definitely help a lot both when you are out and traveling in the world and also in other situations such as when you playing games with other people around the world.

circle to google is another function that I think looks really exciting and will make everyday life easier.

and not to talk about the camera and the smart functions of the AI I think is a small revolution.

And the last thing is The Galaxy Ring that they left us with a big cliffhanger 😅 I want to know all the functions, price etc. If it's worth to have both watch and ring and so on.

What do you guys think?
Emmi S
Community Manager
Options

Oh yes! I use a lot of editing apps currently but just being able to move objects and let the AI fill in the background for me - saving a lot of time! 

I personally got stuck on the Galaxy Ring and hope more info is coming soon on it! 😍 I have been eyeing another health ring for a year or so, and it seems like a great gadget (since I don't use a watch), to track health goals and such. Hoping for a better price point and more functions than the one I have been eyeing!

/Emmi
Nagarebozhi
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Yeah, im also curios about the ring and want more info about it. since I use the galaxy watch if there is any point for me to buy a ring or if it becomes cake on cake. so I'm really looking forward to getting more information regarding the ring.
Seifoon
First Poster
Options
I feel like Galaxy AI is one of those steps that change how we do things, like going from the old generation mobile phones to smartphone. This is a new era and way of searching and doing things on the phone and I think it's only the beginning. Let's see what's next!
Nagarebozhi
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Couldn't agree more, I think this is the start of something big that will change the way we do things in the future. a really good move by Samsung and I'm really excited to see what the future has in store for us.
Oxygenic
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

As I already have a ring from another brand, I can say it is quite an amazing thing. Not sure if I really need all that data, but it's there. I'm also curious on Galaxy ring, I hope they make a reasonable pricing for it without the need for subscriptions.

Samsung Health is already now a pretty good app to keep track on your health in, so it is a good fit if they add the ring's data there. 

One thing that would set them apart would be NFC with support for Samsung pay in that ring. That would be awesome! 

Oxygenic
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

There are some concerns though that they'll get us hooked on this, and then start charging for a subscription for the AI features;

"Galaxy AI features will be provided for free until the end of 2025 on supported Samsung Galaxy devices. Different terms may apply for AI features provided by third parties."

Nagarebozhi
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Okey, thats would be sad but if the price is reasonable and the functions work I wouldn't mind paying if you get some extra. I would think if they start with subscriptions i think they would make a basic free, and one premium thats involves more features . But time will tell.
Nagarebozhi
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Yeah thats why im curious, i belive i dont need the data i already got with the watch but i want it just because 😁 and if the ring can give me more or additional information about my health then its a must for me if the price is right 😊