Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Can't update my monitor Samsung Odyssey G30A Firmware 1001 because it's the wrong firmware or wrong model firmware

(Topic created on: 25-11-2023 08:56 PM)
xRidley
First Poster
Options

Hi Samsung,
As per title, I have a Samsung Odyssey G30A monitor with model code LS24AG30 and firmware version MJK-G3024FGSA-1000.4 (until this evening, I had 1000.3) . Today I wasn't able to update to version 1001 from the following page: https://www.samsung.com/ie/support/model/LS24AG300NUXXU/#downloads because, as I thought, the firmware file is wrong i.e., it shows a model code that does not match mine (the new firmware is: MJK-G3023FGSB-1001.0.BIN and the one installed is different). So I contacted Samsung customer service (the Italian one by Whatsapp) and explained the situation to them. As I presumed, they failed to help me and only gave me advices such as: format the USB to FAT32, download the update from the samsung site, take the monitor to a samsung service center to repair it etc... Nothing, I could not update it. I even tried another usb stick thinking the other one wouldn't work. Then, after a couple of internet searches, I discovered a topic on Samsung community (this one: https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/samsung-lounge/cannot-download-firmware-for-odyssey-g3/m-p/85810...) And, under Mod Daniel-M's advice, I downloaded firmware 1000.4 and it worked. Could it be then that the 1001 firmware is corrupt or wrong? Can someone with expertise in Samsung fix it or send me the corrected 1001.0 firmware

Thank you in advance for a response!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Daniel-M
Options

Hi @xRidley!

The latest version available for your monitor is 1000.4. The 1001 version is not meant for your monitor which is why you are unable to get it installed.

I have forwarded this so I hope this gets fixed soon.

/Daniel

View solution in context

6 REPLIES 6
2TC-sy67
Navigator
Options
Det är möjligt att det finns ett problem med filformaten, vilket innebär att när uppdateringsfilen överförs till USB-minnet måste den ha ett identiskt format med programvaran eller Samsungs firmware, till exempel winrar, zip.
Solution
Daniel-M
Options

Hi @xRidley!

The latest version available for your monitor is 1000.4. The 1001 version is not meant for your monitor which is why you are unable to get it installed.

I have forwarded this so I hope this gets fixed soon.

/Daniel
Members_FKjg089
First Poster
Options

Hi, 

where can I get the version 1000.4 now? On the samsung download page I can only find the 1001 version.

Frank

xLeoncino
First Poster
Options

So for the same monitor you can update to version 1000.4 by going in this link and downloading the firmware update in the Daniel-M answer.

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/samsung-lounge/cannot-download-firmware-for-odyssey-g3/td-p/8581...

Have a nice day! 

Madeleine L
Options

Hi !

You can come back with the full model code for the model you have and which version you have today and we will take a closer look.

Have a nice day!

/Madeleine