Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen Lock Issue

(Topic created on: 28-10-2019 06:21 PM)
seamus1
Apprentice
Options

Hello All

I was able to unlock my screen this morning with PIN and Fingerprint but then it stopped working telling me that my PIN was incorrect.

The only option was to Factory reset my phone but now when I want to setup a Screen Lock and add a PIN I get the following error:

Screen Lock PIN has already changed. Try again with the new screen lock

I cannot set any Screen Lock so my phone is open and vulnerable, has anybody had this and solved it?

Screen Lock is secured by Knox so is there away to delete a PIN in Knox?

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
TomaszT
Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator
Options

Hello everyone,

I have just received the news that the patch is ready to be sent.

It will be available for Beta users and also for users that rolled back to Android 9.

For now, it will be available as a regular FOTA update (So please make sure to go to Settings > Software update > Download and install).

We are also working on forcing an update on the device for users that have the screen locked but can't (or don't want to) the factory data reset. 
I will try to update you if I learn anything else! Cheers! :fisted-hand:

View solution in context

65 REPLIES 65
Ian442001
Journeyman
Options

Same problem here 

taka47
Pioneer
Options

Same here S10+ XEF

Options

Same problem here I'm experiencing this issue with pattern unlock 

0 Likes
London2tim
Helping Hand
Options

Same issue too

It just started a while ago...but its not recognising my pin anymore

As you can imagine this can be a huge Issue as if I restart the phone it will ask for the pin to unlock...and if it doesn't recognize it ...I can't access my phone which is super bad as I don't want to reset my phone

Can someone please tell us what's going on...this seems like quite a severe issue

0 Likes
aygz
Journeyman
Options

Same problem here 

0 Likes
srimany
Journeyman
Options

Same issue. Somehow managed to reset as I was completely locked out. Now cannot set a screen lock or biometrics. Tried to with/without data restore after the factory reset but still same issue.

0 Likes
seamus1
Apprentice
Options
Thanks for the replies, I knew I wasnt on my own.
I've had fun and games today with this, restarted my phone and then the network was off so couldn't connect with Find My Phone etc, reset and this is it, cannot secure my phone, can this be looked at as a matter of urgency please?
Standup
First Poster
Options

Same here. I had to do factory reset and now I cannot set lock password/pattern/pin.  It says something like Connection error. Try again

0 Likes
Srikanth
Apprentice
Options

Same problem. This is ridiculous. Today all of a sudden my screen was locked and it was not taking my screen lock pwd. I had no option but to wait for the battery to completely drain and then do a factory reset from recovery menu. Now after all this circus, i am unable to set any lock pwd/PIN. 

0 Likes