Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Link To Windows -Update Fails

(Topic created on: 11-11-2019 07:25 AM)
BenGinders
Helping Hand
Options

When selecting the link to Windows service in settings it asks to update but then says fails to link too server, anyone else had this?

Screenshot_20191108-192035_Link to Windows Service.jpg

On my S10+ powered by Android 10 improved by One UI 2.0,
Ben Ginders
9 REPLIES 9
Okuda
Journeyman
Options
Happening to me too.
0 Likes
AmirMhmd
Voyager
Options

I have the same issue too 

But from the first beta update i was unable to use this feature as it was not connecting with my laptop even though they were using the same wifi but on OneUI (android 9) it was working fine

0 Likes
TheSpudman
Pathfinder
Options

Uninstall updates and clear cache.. should install then... but I can't get mine to connect to my work laptop via my personal outlook account on the same wifi... thought it may have been a work restriction... but it might not be based on other comments!

0 Likes
TomaszT
Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator
Options

Hi @BenGinders 

I am sure you have already shared an error report with us! :thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:

I have seen some problems with Windows services related to the Beta not being an official binary, but not this particular case, so our development team will have to take a look at it :thinking-face:

0 Likes
BenGinders
Helping Hand
Options

Yes @TomaszT you assumed correctly, the Feedback has been sent:thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:

I have got the Link to Windows working by uninstalling then reinstalling from the Galaxy Store, which then links to my PC just fine.

But the error still resides when going into it via settings 

Ben Ginders
Solution
BenGinders
Helping Hand
Options

Hi all,

There has been an update to the 'Link to Windows Service' in the Galaxy Store this morning, which has now rectified the issue for me.Screenshot_20191113-054900_Your Phone Companion.jpg

Screenshot_20191113-054808_Galaxy Store.jpg

Ben Ginders
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

Same problem, app is active ON but I get NO connection with error 53 and 21 depending if I am on a Virtual Machine or not. It seems Microsoft can't get things right...

0 Likes
tyrionskywalker
First Poster
Options

Happening again

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

I've lost my faith months ago... it will never work. At least for me.

I have other priorities than deal with glitchy software, and that is a guarantee when it comes to MicroSoft.

0 Likes