Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfering photos

(Topic created on: 3 weeks ago)
Handymanphill
Explorer
Options
Hi there, I have an S22.
Recently I've taken up photography and being trying to work out how to get the pics from the SD card onto my mobile.
I've had to purchase a SD card reader and it connects directly to my phone via the type C port. 
I've worked out how to access the files but what I can't seem to do is transfer the files directly to a dedicated file in the gallery app. I've had to create a separate file folder on the homescreen and transfer them to that. However this issue I'm having is when I attempt to share them on online, the app will only access all the files in my gallery app, not the file I have on the home screen. I have to manually go to the file on the homescreen, select the photos, and share them via that way. Surely there must be a way to directly transfer these photos to a dedicated file within the gallery app.

Any help or advice would be much appreciated. 
0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Neo001
Legend
Options

Gallery app is just a view over the files (photos, videos, etc). The media is actually stored in Internal Storage > DCIM (when using other apps, other folders are used for storing media). Ideally, all the media in the Internal storage should be visible via the Gallery app.

If you move the folder to Internal storage > DCIM, check if it is then visible in the Gallery app.

View solution in context

2 REPLIES 2
Solution
Neo001
Legend
Options

Gallery app is just a view over the files (photos, videos, etc). The media is actually stored in Internal Storage > DCIM (when using other apps, other folders are used for storing media). Ideally, all the media in the Internal storage should be visible via the Gallery app.

If you move the folder to Internal storage > DCIM, check if it is then visible in the Gallery app.

Handymanphill
Explorer
Options
Ahhh your amazing! Thank you so much. I spent hours last night trying to work out how to make this happen.