Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XCover 5 back camera not focusing after Android 14/UI6 upgrade

(Topic created on: 3 weeks ago)
exp1orer
Explorer
Options
I have 3 XCover 5 phones, I upgraded the OS of the two from Android 13/UI5.1 to Android 14/UI6.0 the other day and both of them can no longer take sharp photos nor able to scan bar/QR codes using the back camera. XCover 5 is used by many businesses to scan barcodes in warehouses, hospitals, groceries, train/bus tickets, etc. I would have thought that the team who is responsible for the Android 14/UI6.0 upgrade has tested the camera because this is the most widely used by the people who used them in their working environment. Please release the fix for this issue as soon as possible. Your business customers will really lose confidence on your product if this is not fixed quickly. 

70 REPLIES 70
Vanottiale
Apprentice
Options

Good morning, I too have the same problem

0 Likes
ThorL
Apprentice
Options

Since there is no official response from Samsung to this post, I am beginning to suspect that Samsung is quietly dragging out the time, in the hope that many of us users of the phones that have been cut off from being able to scan QR and barcodes will use their trade in offer and buy a new phone. I am not going to take advantage of that offer.

Shakespeare
Apprentice
Options

The case is being processed and a solution is being worked on.
It is important to note that you cannot simply delete something from the software code as it may have other and more negative effects.

As a tip for users of multiple devices and companies, you should only carry out an update on all devices after this has been checked by the company's own IT team.

0 Likes
Members_UfVEGT0
Explorer
Options

Thank you for the reply and update on the work being done by Samsung to fix the problem. We shall patiently await a fix.

I think many would add:

"As a tip for  companies that produce devices, you should only release an update on all devices after this has been tested by the company's own IT team on all devices that the update is being released for."

unknown14725
Journeyman
Options

Who is this "we" you are talking about?

Are you implying that you are a Samsung employee, and you speak on behalf of Samsung Electronics? There is not a single thing in the content you are posting here that identify you to be Samsung. Neither in your forum profile, or in your posts.

I'm sure you can see how your actions are perceived by users here when there is no official response from Samsung, but random employees (if that is who you claim to be, of course) feel the need to create a forum account to defend their employer?

unknown14725
Journeyman
Options

> As a tip for users of multiple devices and companies, you should only carry out an update on all devices after this has been checked by the company's own IT team.

Are you for real?

We aren't Samsung's beta testers. Period.

You expect the end users (!) to spend days and weeks of painstakingly testing out every single feature and software function of their handheld computers' hardware and operating system before they deploy system patches and/or OS upgrades?

That's not how "software code" development should be done, and it's not how software update deployment works... sigh

Members_UfVEGT0
Explorer
Options

Thanks for pointing that out.

In fact

"Shakespeare

Student

does NOT seem like a credible representative of the Samsung corporation 😂.

Please report this account to Samsung, as I have done, and they can figure out whether it's an imposter or a rogue employee of some kind.

Unbelievable!

exp1orer
Explorer
Options
Exactly! XCover 5 has a diagnostic feature where the team in-charge of releasing the update should have used to check if the update software doesn't cause any issue. It's the diagnostic feature that made me confirm the rear camera has a focus problem.
Kavidan
Apprentice
Options

I've spoken with a Samsung support agent from my country (Romania), where i asked if they are aware of this problem, and he replied that they don't have any knowledge of this issue. Disappointing, to say the least.

Shakespeare
Apprentice
Options

Don't worry, it's being worked on. But it has certainly not yet reached the call centre or any shops.

0 Likes