Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XCover 5 back camera not focusing after Android 14/UI6 upgrade

(Topic created on: 3 weeks ago)
exp1orer
Explorer
Options
I have 3 XCover 5 phones, I upgraded the OS of the two from Android 13/UI5.1 to Android 14/UI6.0 the other day and both of them can no longer take sharp photos nor able to scan bar/QR codes using the back camera. XCover 5 is used by many businesses to scan barcodes in warehouses, hospitals, groceries, train/bus tickets, etc. I would have thought that the team who is responsible for the Android 14/UI6.0 upgrade has tested the camera because this is the most widely used by the people who used them in their working environment. Please release the fix for this issue as soon as possible. Your business customers will really lose confidence on your product if this is not fixed quickly. 

51 REPLIES 51
exp1orer
Explorer
Options
Luckily I only upgraded the two and the 3rd one is still Android 13/UI5.1 it would have been a disaster if all 3 have Android 14/UI6.0 that can't use the camera for scanning bar/QR codes.
0 Likes
ThorL
Apprentice
Options

Same here. I couldn't pay for my purchases yesterday, as I usually use an app that scans a QR code. And the camera on my updated Xcover 5 suddenly couldn't focus and read the code.

Rudolf W
Apprentice
Options

Hi explorer,

I´m really happy that I found your mail! I have exactly the same problem with my xcover 5!

All calls to the hotlines either ended with the recommendation to reset the phone to factory settings or simply claimed that the camera was defective. I reset to factory settings and put up with all the problems with the data backup, but the camera still doesn't work. The last option would be to reset to android 13, but that's a never-ending story and a real pain. Your email is proof that the problem lies in the software and not in the hardware! So I hope to find other victims of this software to put pressure on samsung to fix this bug.

I hope that samsung also reads the mails here and possibly reacts.

Rudolf W
Apprentice
Options

Hi Thorl,

see my reply above!

I have exactly the same Problem!

exp1orer
Explorer
Options
I factory reset one last night in the hope that the problem would be fixed but it's the same. I was looking to go back to Android 13 but as you mentioned it's a pain in the neck. I really hope Samsung fixes this soon. Companies that deploy this phone on their staffs would really really be pissed off to find out that all their phones doing the scanning of inventories, tickets, sales, etc. no longer work and their operations are crippled.
Rudolf W
Apprentice
Options

Hi all,

I have just spoken to the hotline and they have now admitted that it is a software error. The technical team is already working on fixing it. I hope to get an update in the next few days. I have left my e-mail address and telephone number.
So together we hope for a quick solution to the problem.
Rudolf

exp1orer
Explorer
Options
Thanks.
0 Likes
Members_6G13t0y
Student
Options

Thanks for your support. I hope Samsung will come up with a solution to this problem as soon as possible, because I can't use the phone to do my work.

Members_UfVEGT0
Journeyman
Options

Same here.

0 Likes