Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Usb not recognised on laptop

(Topic created on: 11-06-2020 04:51 PM)
Nyn
Journeyman
Options

I'm connecting my s8 phone to laptop. Each time I do this it says USB not recognised.

1.I did a factory reset, this did not help. (lost all my photos which I was expecting) 

2. I'm using official charging cable, in different ports

3. I've changed usb power options on windows 10 to disabled. 

4. I've tried kies Samsung programs, have downloaded the USB drivers. 

5. Have tried everything in device manager to get the device id to get more drivers, cannot find anything. 

6. Have uninstalled, installed all usb ports, restarted laptop, ran cleaner to delete reg entries.

7. Accessed debugging mode, turned usb toggle to transfer files etc still no joy. 

My laptop is hp laptop with Windows 10. It has all latest updates. If I go to update the device driver it says it already has the latest driver. Manually updating the driver hasnt done anything either. 

I've rang Samsung, number just keeps ringing. Tried online chat, bot says everyone too busy so can't get hold of anyone. Anyone who can help please. 

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
AndrewL
Options
@Nyn: If you're wanting to connect your S8 to your laptop to backup your personal data, or add media files, then please download Smart Switch by following the link below, clicking on How Do I Get Smart Switch On My PC or Mac, and downloading the relevant version.

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-backup-my-smartphone-to-my-pc-or-mac/

Once installed, open Smart Switch, connect your S8 using your USB cable, and you should be good to go. Let me know how you get on.
0 Likes
Nyn
Journeyman
Options

Thank you for prompt message

I've just installed smartswith 4.0 on laptop.

Blue screen says connect device. I#ve connected it and same again, black banner on bottom - USB not recognised.

Ive tried another cable and am also trying different USB ports - USB 3 and USB 2 port. Any other suggestions please.

0 Likes