Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Suddenly can't send or receive texts. Have I accidentally switched something off

(Topic created on: 3 weeks ago)
Anne92
Student
Options

7 REPLIES 7
Al-42
Student
Options
I can't receive my messages from Google its doing my head in lol
0 Likes
Yetski
Journeyman
Options
If your backup file isn't to old. Restore from that. That should put all settings back. Then try texting.... if working, It's your settings. If still not possible, it's possible your phone, or your network.
Al-42
Student
Options
Sorry I can't help you anne
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Additionally for issues with texts,check there are no issues with your Network. An idea to clear the messages cache, go to  Settings-Apps-Messages-Storage-Clear cache.  if still not resolved reset the Network Connections,Settings-General Management-Reset. If you have One UI 6.0 can reset the Mobile Network settings seperately.  could also remove sim card,ensure there is no issue with it and if so reinsert to see if that makes a difference.

otherwise would need to get in touch with your provider.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Solution
Anne92
Student
Options
I just sorted it out. Put airplane mode on then off and switched the phone off then on. Reset everything. Simple. Thanks for the comments
Yetski
Journeyman
Options
To clear txt cache. Push and hold icon. A box appeared in the top right hand corner, push the I for information. Go down until you see storage. Go in there and it says, stop app at the bottom and clear cache on the left. 1min not a week. Try that....
0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Glad it is sorted ,should have mentioned the Airplane mode method too.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes