Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart Switch

(Topic created on: 07-01-2024 09:26 PM)
MIE82
First Poster
Options

I have a new Samsung and I would like to transfer my data from my old Galaxy to the new phone. But: without deleting the data on the old phone.  If I use Smart Switch, will the data be removed from the old form during the transfer?

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
No the data will still be on the old phone unless you delete it.
From experience, I'd recommend using a cable to transfer data than doing it wireless.
0 Likes
NHPIXELSPHOTOGRAPHY
Pathfinder
Options
A 100% none of your data will be deleted. Unless you physically delete it yourself. All it does is copy it to your new device.
0 Likes
MIE82
First Poster
Options

Whatsapp-chats do not transfer with Smart Switch. I made a back-up on my old phone. To install it on my new phone I folowed the folowing steps: I installed Whats-app, I filled in my country and phone number (SIM-card inserted in the new phone). Then I clicked 'Sent code', but I do not receive a code... I only get a notification saying there is an error. It has something to do with my phone number. I sent a message to the support-email as the notification suggest, by all I receive is an automated answer saying the exact same thing as what I find on the internet. No help at all... Anyone any idea how I can fix this?

0 Likes
MIE82
First Poster
Options

Some data from the internal storage on my old phone did not transfer either... How can I fix this? I did a wireless transfer as I did not have the correct cable to connect both phones...

0 Likes