Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung S7E overheating battery balloon

(Topic created on: 12-09-2023 09:29 AM)
TNJGB
Navigator
Options

Is it a known issue for the Samsung S7 Edge for the battery to overheat and blow up like a balloon pushing the back case off the body? The picture below is when the phone has been off overnight, when it is on charge the gap gets bigger. This has happened to me several times. I always use the Samsung charger.

Ballooning backBallooning back

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
SereneH
Options

We take matters like this very seriously, @TNJGB. If you're based in the UK or Ireland, please drop @Sam_UK a PM, so we can raise your case to the relevant team. 

giphy.gif
0 Likes
TNJGB
Navigator
Options

Well Samsung asked me to send the phone back for examination. This same fault has happened three times previously and been repaired by Samsung. In my opinion the same failure four times in 5 years points to a design failure in the phone.

I was then emailed by Samsung saying:

"We had arranged for the product to be inspected by a Samsung Authorised Service Centre.

Once the engineer inspected the product, they noted that the device was out of warranty in July 2018. The battery has had an age related fault.

The engineer has noted the product is not repairable.

As this is the case the product will be returned to you unrepaired. We would advise not to use this product any further.

As the results of this inspection are based on physical evidence as opposed to opinion, we are unable to over-turn this position. We apologise for any problems and inconvenience that this process may have caused. "

The phone arrived back a few minutes ago and the back was now stuck back on how it should have been, however the phone now will start then turns itself off after around 30 seconds. I have factory reset it and it is still the same.

The phone was working went it was sent to Samsung albeit with the back coming unstuck and most likely a swollen battery, but now it does not work at all.

I am taking it to an independent repairer for an inspection to find out what happened to it when it was with Samsung's agent.

0 Likes
TNJGB
Navigator
Options

So it turned out that Samsung removed the battery from my phone and replaced the back.

0 Likes