Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

samsung s6 this device is locked because of an abnormal factory reset

(Topic created on: 27-03-2023 09:12 PM)
sonax04
First Poster
Options

I have a old s6 which i wanted to trade in for a S23 but after i did a factory reset I cannot log back into samsung account on the phone is a way to reset it20230327_191058.jpg

5 REPLIES 5
lucabcardoso
Pathfinder
Options
That's a very easy fix. Just go to YouTube and search: how to bypass samsung account on samsung galaxy s6. There should be many differenr tutorials
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

The security protocols are there to protect your phone @sonax04 

You should be able to log back into the phobe using the correct login credentials.

https://www.samsung.com/uk/shop-faq/samsung-account/how-do-i-change-reset-my-samsung-com-account-pas... 

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate. Take care.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
BreeTheMouse
Pathfinder
Options
Does your phone broke?
0 Likes
Deeka
First Poster
Options

This isn’t working for me. I have tried to get back into my old Note 3, which I had encrypted but couldn’t remember the password. So it effectively wiped my data after 5 wrong attempts. No big problem. I did a hard factory reset on top. All seemed well until I got the ‘abnormal factory reset’ and to sign in using the email account I had already used to sign in on the device. It keeps coming back with processing failed even though I am using the correct email and password. I’ve even had messages from Google telling me they’ve noticed’ a new sign in on a Note 3 have been made’ so it’s not an error, it s just the phone wont let me in. It’s stuck at that screen. What is going on? What do I do to start this thing up?

0 Likes
Deeka
First Poster
Options

I hope if you reply, your response is better than Samsung Customer Support… Awful. They just wanted me to take this old phone in to pay to have the software reflashed. When I asked to do it myself they kept saying it could only be done by their ‘highly skilled engineers’. (I couldn’t get the sound of their tills ringing out of my head.)

0 Likes