Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung s21 5g not updating from one ui 3.1

(Topic created on: a month ago)
Karitas
First Poster
Options

Hello I switched my phones sim into a s21 5g phone which was my moms *

I did this with the help of tmobile care, then they transfered me to tech because the sim wasnt connecting i couldnt text or call or use wifi anymore. 

The tech tried to help me update the phone 2 times, it crashed after the third and final screen with the android mascot/cahracter and crashes, says ERROR at 25% then restarts the phone. (Pictured) 

I go back into software update and it stays the same...no updates went through. The tmobile tech sent me to samsung.

This person did the same thing even used SMART tutor? To click through the settings on my phone remotely and finally she told me to go into a tech repair store UPDATE THEY DIDNT DO A THING.  .ANYWAYS.. 

i think its a simple fix since the tmobile care was able to switch sims from my moms phone (which is the s21 im talking about) into an old note 8.. so its a problem with this phone for sure.. 

Info-- 

Model is sm g991u. 

I bought the phone from tmobile in the U.S yes im still in the u.s trying to fix this phone. 

notifications say PHONE SIM NOT PROVISIONED FOR VOICE 

SEARCHING FOR NETWORK

disconnected Mobile network state

When i try to update and it restarts it says FAILED TO UPDATE SOFTWARE

I did factory reset. 

All that. Currently texting samsung care as well.. 

20240402_202212.jpg

The sim card was workimg just fine on the previous phone please help! 

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Ksmy89
Troubleshooter
Options
What country are you in? SM-G991U is a US model, it will not pull through updates outside the region it was manufactured for use in. This also may be why you are having sim card compatability issues.
Piper123
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
If you are currently living outside if the device's region you could either:

1. Go to SmartSwitch to see if there are any updates?

2. Connect through a VPN which connects via the country the device is intended for and then try to update with or without SmartSwitch.
0 Likes
Karitas
First Poster
Options

Im in usa as well and never left the country eith these phones 

0 Likes
Ksmy89
Troubleshooter
Options
In that case, you may get more help from the US forum as this is the EU one.

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Samsung-Community/ct-p/us?page=1&tab=recent_topics
0 Likes
Karitas
First Poster
Options

Thank u  😅

0 Likes