Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S8 App download issue - Halifax Online Banking

(Topic created on: 28-07-2022 04:30 PM)
rlwoufc
Journeyman
Options
Hi, having challenge downloading Halifax Online Banking app onto S8 on Android 9 with latest available security update/patch from December 2020 (originally region phone)...any ideas?
Works ok on another S8 with slightly later security update/patch from April 21 and also on Samsung A6 Tablet on Android 8.1 with latest updates from March 2020 - both UK pieces. Very confused!🤔
Any help appreciated!
7 REPLIES 7
LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
Check to see if the device is rooted using a simple root checking app from the play store. That may be the issue! Hope this helps! 😀
Ventor
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@rlwoufc Hello, what kind of problem are you experiencing, it is not available, or you cannot download it?

"The quieter you become-the more you are able to hear..."

0 Likes
rlwoufc
Journeyman
Options
Downloads from Playstore ok, but fails at various different stages as the Halifax app opens. Then just get a popup advising problem and options to close app/send feedback etc. Have tried all normal things, switch off/on, uninstall/reinstall etc. with no success! Halifax tech support no help as say it is handset issue, not app issue!
0 Likes
rlwoufc
Journeyman
Options
Thanks, not familiar with that but will check it out!
LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
Nice! I believe Barclays and Lloyds Bank actually detect if your phone is rooted and thus, don't let you access/use their app. So, hopefully, check to see if your phone is OR has been rooted in the past, as this can definitely affect banking apps!
rlwoufc
Journeyman
Options
Thanks, that explains it! If it is rooted, can I change it or is this something beyond simple folk like me?
LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
Rooting is a complicated procedure that you have to learn, so I would advise taking it to a phone shop and let them know your issues, so they can diagnose the problem and fix it accordingly 😃. Hope this helps! 😀
0 Likes