Original topic:

S6 back button self pressing

(Topic created on: 10-02-2017 01:34 PM)
LucMon
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

Dear Community,

I've had a Samsung S6 Black Sapphire for about five months, and ever since a couple of weeks ago it has been showing a very annoying technical defect which has rendered it pretty much useless.

The back button/key on the bottom right side, which is used to go back to the previous screen and eventually return to the home screen, appears to be continuously self-pressing.

As soon as take the phone in my hand, the button starts self-pressing, which means that I can't complete any single action – it will always return to the previous screen and then eventually to the home screen.

I'm not talking about the occasional self-press which could be caused by an accident, by dirt or by fat fingers. This happens sometimes more than once per second and dozen of times per minute, it simply won't stop. Sometimes it continues even after I lay down the phone and I see the back button light turning on and on and on.

I've found the same issue described on Youtube and some posts on other forums and websites, but no solution so far. I have painstakingly managed to reset the phone, but the problem persisted. It really does not seem to be a software issue.

I would be glad to hear from fellow users who might have had the same problem.

Thanks in advance,

Luciano

11 REPLIES 11
AntS
Options
Other Smartphones

Hi there, Luciano.

Are you able to get to a Samsung Support Centre to get this checked out?

0 Likes
phanson
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

i too have the same problem....have tried everything can to rectify this issue from posts i read online but

nothing helps.

this is not an uncommone fault according to the amount of posts i have seen online

samsung need to sort this out.

@LucMon wrote:

Dear Community,

I've had a Samsung S6 Black Sapphire for about five months, and ever since a couple of weeks ago it has been showing a very annoying technical defect which has rendered it pretty much useless.

The back button/key on the bottom right side, which is used to go back to the previous screen and eventually return to the home screen, appears to be continuously self-pressing.

As soon as take the phone in my hand, the button starts self-pressing, which means that I can't complete any single action – it will always return to the previous screen and then eventually to the home screen.

I'm not talking about the occasional self-press which could be caused by an accident, by dirt or by fat fingers. This happens sometimes more than once per second and dozen of times per minute, it simply won't stop. Sometimes it continues even after I lay down the phone and I see the back button light turning on and on and on.

I've found the same issue described on Youtube and some posts on other forums and websites, but no solution so far. I have painstakingly managed to reset the phone, but the problem persisted. It really does not seem to be a software issue.

I would be glad to hear from fellow users who might have had the same problem.

Thanks in advance,

Luciano

0 Likes
Hemal_dave
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

yes i have been having the same issue since 3 days. Ive had my Sapphire Black S6 for 2 years now... its the first time this stuff is happenning. Its REALLY ANNOYING!

0 Likes
Ripple79
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

I fix this issue on a regular basis.

If you have the charging port replaced, which has the touch keys attached to it, this will rectify the issue.

Sometimes they become loose, worn or simply a little bit of dust gets between the glass and the return key.

This acts as if you're pressing the button, when in fact you're nowhere near it.

Any good repair shop should be able to replace the part.

I hope this helps

0 Likes
TheFreeDomGamer
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

This has been happening to me ive had my s6 for nesrly 2 years and a year ago mine started to back off too, even reading this post it started doing it. Mine comes and goes when im charging and when im not charging, any solution please keep me updates. Thanks.

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options
Other Smartphones
Hi guys: If you dial *#0*# into your telephone keypad, select 'Subkey' from the series of grey tiles and press the Back button, does the screen turn a solid colour and stay that way? If not then I recommend getting the device inspected at a Samsung Support Centre which you can find by checking the following link, selecting 'Mobile Device' and entering your post code: http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/servicelocation/
JoshLiddiard
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

Mine does display a solid colour but still has the problem. It's a referb handset that I've had back from an insurance claims but my older one did the same thing intermittently. What else could be causing it or is it simply naff hardware that needs sending back again?

0 Likes
Garyu
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

It may sound a little harsh but have you had it out when its been raing the s6 is not waterproof slightest rain water gets in to the connection ports or buttons and all hell brakes loose my wifes does same as she went on a run taking her phone it started raining water was on the phone ever since the back button clicks like mad and it starts to go on a trip through all device screen annoying but when i put thr air inflator on it it stopped only for a day or so then started again hence i believe the button has been in contact with water causing a slight malfunction

0 Likes
Naiki
First Poster
Options
Other Smartphones

Anothe guy with the same problem. Very annoying when it happens, make the phone almost useless. Fortunately, this does not happen all the time.

I have observed that it only happens in summer (I live in Spain), very rarely in other seasons. I initially thought it could have to be with strong daylight, but I finally dismissed this cause sometimes it started to happen indoors.

My last suspect is that it could be produced by high ozone levels in the atmosphere. Last two occurrences matched last two ozone alerts also received in my phone (I guess from one of my meteorological apps). I know two occurrences is not enough to reach a conclussion, but chances are there.

To support the physical logics (and I confess that I can be completely wrong here), ozone levels in the atmosphere surely have to do with air ionization. As far as I know, capacitive displays works on the basis of modifying the display capacity locally by the effect of some conductive element, such as the touch of a finger. High ionization air might also modify the conductivity levels of the display in certain areas of it where, for some reason, are more sensitive (closeness to the power port, or a led installed just under the area, ...).

Just a thought!

0 Likes