Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

S51 from my sister that won't reset.

(Topic created on: 3 weeks ago)
Bogmore
First Poster
Options

Hi

My sister gave me her old S51 and I want to factory reset it.

I don't have her samsung account password and the hold down up and power does not bring up the reset menu, but from what I have read I need the password after anyway, how do I reset the S51 so I can use it?

This is worse than apple.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
AndrewL
Options

@Bogmore: Are you able to ask your sister to return the phone to its default factory settings for you? As you mentioned, you will need to know either the Samsung account password to perform this via Settings > Reset > Factory data reset, or the Google account password when resetting via Recovery mode,. For further information, please take a look at the link below. 

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-perform-factory-reset-on-my-mobile-device...

View solution in context

4 REPLIES 4
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
It's locked, same as Apple, a reactivation type lock to stop thief's

That said I have a mint S6 Edge, mine, but loaned to my sister when she lost her mobile, then got it back never used it for years, then decided I'll trade it in, but Samsung or 3rd party brute force none of it works.
Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
0 Likes
Solution
AndrewL
Options

@Bogmore: Are you able to ask your sister to return the phone to its default factory settings for you? As you mentioned, you will need to know either the Samsung account password to perform this via Settings > Reset > Factory data reset, or the Google account password when resetting via Recovery mode,. For further information, please take a look at the link below. 

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-perform-factory-reset-on-my-mobile-device...

Bogmore
First Poster
Options

I've been trying but I can't get hold of her for some reason.  How do they do it if you take it to a shop?

0 Likes
Bogmore
First Poster
Options

I'm just trying backing up my old A5 and doing a restore via smart switch.

0 Likes