Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S24 Series - Exynos Debate

(Topic created on: 08-10-2023 07:47 PM)
Piper123
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
As we move closer to 2024 and the almost certain S24 Series release - a genuine question for genuine debate......

Snapdragon VS Exynos 👌

Go..........
7 REPLIES 7
KillerKam
Explorer
Options
What's there to discuss? One's a great SoC the other is a joke. I like great SoC and I like jokes.
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I've personally never had an issue with the Exynos chipset
A few years ago it definitely had long term performance issues
But the last couple of years it's been OK for me.
Ive not noticed any real difference between the S22 Ultra Exynos I had last year to the S23 Ultra I have this year
Both perform brilliantly
But I think for now, the snapdragon will be used in the S24 series
Piper123
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Thank you @Glenntech

I had many issues with my S21 Ultra Exynos version. Connecting on the mobile network was dire. Now that might have been more to do with the 5123b modem which is known to be poor.

Exynos was ok but the Snapdragon in the S23 Ultra is a totally different league. Not just a little bit, but millions of miles different.
Bigtasty65
Hotshot
Options
Either.
0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Still have my S21 ultra and never had any issues with and still going strong.

I'd buy exynos any day as never had any issues with them.
Also in the UK we always had the exynos.

Only thing that would bother me is snapdragon seems to be going the AI route with their chips so hope exynos does something similar.

I doubt they will put exynos in the ultra as people seem to support snapdragon.

Maybe exynos might come in the mid rangers or the normal s24 and s24 plus.and the ultra with snapdragon.
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hey @Piper123 

Oh the dreaded Qualcomm Snapdragon Vs Exynos discussion 🙄 

Like many I've had phone's with both soc in them and found very few issues in my own experiences. 

With the Samsung Note 20 I purchased the Exynos model from Samsung UK and also imported the phone from Samsung Hong-Kong and found the Snapdragon soc to give better optimisation via battery and did seem smoother. 

Would I purchase a Samsung phone with a Exynos soc in > Yes without hesitation. 

😎

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Piper123
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Morning @BandOfBrothers

As always, thank you for your superb and thought through input. Always appreciated 👍

For me, I would still go Snapdragon over Exynos any day. But if I was buying a device several months after launch, I would be far more inclined to consider feedback from forums and web. 👌