Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone damage OCD

(Topic created on: 2 weeks ago)
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options

So I have managed to collect a couple of marks on my iPhone 15 pro max. The reason I post this is because Samsung is not alone in making fragile phones. I think unless you buy an expensive case or buy a rugged phone it’s going to happen. For those of you that say put a case on its a case that pitted my s23 ultra all along the bottom bezel. Also why have a titanium flagship when you can’t see feel or enjoy the titanium. I love the feel of it although the black does smudge a lot I’m guessing the s24 ultra is the same? I have 2 chips on my titanium frame they are small and hardly noticeable and 1 micro scratch on the display. I managed to chip the phone by banging it into a bathroom tile so absolutely my own fault. I have learnt though after all the things I have been through with phones lately and every new phone I had in the past 12 months get marked within a couple of weeks. I have learnt enjoy life don’t worry about your phone so much. It’s a phone, a tool a life companion. I’m also into cars and stress about scratches to the car but it’s a moving object it’s going to happen. My phone won’t get any more damage for the life of it I’m cursed always happens in the first week, but so what. So long as it’s not major damage just move on. I’m writing this because I believe I have some sort of OCD and phones lately have made my mental health decline with everything that happened with Samsung in January and these petty minor damage. Enjoy your phones guys, enjoy life and don’t stress. 😃 Also if you phone is less than 12 months old a new one comes out don’t do it keep your current one! 🙈😂 

10 REPLIES 10
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Nothing is indestructible.
Glass is glass whatever name it has and anything harder than the metal is going to damage in some way.
I get what you say, but putting a case on when out and about I would suggest is prudent. Gives that protection from the inevitable drop.
But at home, I take the case off and can enjoy the phone as it's far less likely to get damaged. Like you say, can enjoy the Titanium frame etc.
I do put a screen protector on as scratches on the screen with me are a virtual certainty. Dunno why, but I use a film type which is as minimal as I can get it
knit_knot
First Poster
Options
Can anyone recommend a great tempered glass privacy one for the s23 ultra
0 Likes
beagle2mars
Explorer
Options
Whitestone! Is very good but does have a tendency to scratch itself but then I guess it's doing it's job!
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options

Yea that’s it, I do have a case for occasional use and put it on very carefully when I do use it. End of day although these titanium phones are gorgeous and nice to look at they are mobile phones and moving stuff get knocked. I was just putting my phone down in bath room and rammed the edge into the tiles. Luckily just 2 pixel sized chips so I’m lucky lol. I have never badly damaged a phone by having it caseless it just shows a little bit of wear and tear when I get rid.

0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options

Also the first mark always annoys you the most then you chill out lol 😂 

0 Likes
knit_knot
First Poster
Options
Ok thank you. I am super clumsy and I drive a van, so I think it may break quickly then. But I will look Into that.
0 Likes
Bigtasty65
Hotshot
Options
My S23 Ultra is showing some pitting and I've always had it in a case.
I've decided now to use my S24 Plus without a case because I love the design of the phone. I'm pleased to report that I've checked my S24+ over with a magnifying glass and I can't report any pitting or marks at all. I think cases do cause some marks because of trapping dirty etc, very easily. So no more case use for me from now on
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @AshtabS9Ultra  

I totally always enjoy what my phone brings to the table.

I typically purchase a new Samsung Flagship phone every year. 

I usually pass my phone's onto family. 

As some sell theirs on then having a pristine phone obviously keeps the resale value higher. 

However I know my 👀 would always be drawn to any aesthetic damage on the housing or display. 

And these phone's are slippery things too so I'm not in favour of using my phone ' naked ' 

So I fit a Tempered Glass Screen Protector and a minimal case.  I also have a camera module Protector on this year. 

This year I've opted for Spigen products. 

I carry my phone in a vertical holster attached to my belt due to the work I do , which I also feel stops any dust / debris getting between the phone and case thus stopping and marking.  No pocket debris for me !!

Also the spigen Rugged Armour Case is a pretty tight fit. 

I say each to their own how they wish to go about how they carry their phone about etc 😉 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@knit_knot I've used the Whitestone Dome Glass Screen Protector as mentioned by @beagle2mars 

This year I'm using the Spigen Ez Easy Fit Glass Screen Protector which is by it's very name very easy to apply. 😎

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes