Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OCD about minor damage

(Topic created on: 01-03-2024 07:15 AM)
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options

Is anyone else on here ocd about minor damage to the phone? My s23 ultra had 8 micro scratches on the screen and it had chips all along the bottom bezel from a case. The rear as far as I remember was ok. It took me ages to get over it and I did more or less. On my new phone I have one tiny dot on the back of it which I believed came from a drop. The rear of the phone is the same colour and texture as s23 ultra. The rest of the phone is absolutely fine, just taking me a while to not think about this one. Was just wondering am I the only one? More important things in life to worry about but yet these things niggle. I suspect in a few weeks it won’t bother me it’s because it’s new. 

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Yes and finger prints 😳
Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]

View solution in context

29 REPLIES 29
Options
I wouldn't worry about a nick here or there. I have had the Galaxy s23 ultra since the 9th of march last year. I was ready with case and tempered glass screen protectors before I purchest the galaxy s23 ultra last year I sujest you do the same
Star_girl
Hotshot
Options
I am trying to ve careful not to drop the phone or drawn it in water, I always case on my phone and screen protector, however, accidents have happened, only accidental falls though.
This time for the S24U I have decided to go some extra steps and I bought a lanyard, two sleeves, one for work or one for outdoor, because i don't want it to rub against my pockets, a wallet case for outdoors, and dust protector for the USB C port.
Solution
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Yes and finger prints 😳
Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
RXM
Troubleshooter
Options
Whilst a case has always been a must, as well as a screen protector too, another line of defence is applying a skin to the phone to protect it from any scratches. Even with a case on 24/7 it's easy enough for a piece of grit to get inside the case and rub against the phone and the case.
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @AshtabS9Ultra  

Most definitely Yes 😎

This is exactly why I have a glass screen protector,  case and camera lenses fitted all from spigen. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options

Yea most people say this and they are right. I just struggle because I like the feel of the phone as it comes but then you get marks. Most of my phones will go 12 months with out mark others won’t 

0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options

That is some protection, and you phone will be box fresh, but for me especially a phone is nice as that you would just never experience the premium build. There is a trend here though, case it or deal with the consequences

AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options

Oh good I know. These frosted backs are no better than when we had clear glass 

AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options

This is it, when I had my s23 ultra I tried a case on day one and on day 3 the bottom bezel was chipped all the way along, it was a very mild chipping and lucky I got used to it. 

0 Likes