Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

m51 ask for pin but do not require swiping up

(Topic created on: 15-12-2020 07:34 PM)
ickam
First Poster
Options

Hi,

I received my Samsung M51 today and I like it a lot. My only issue is that I am disabled and swiping up to dismiss lock screen is very tedious for me. I'd rather be prompted for pin upon pressing the power / fingerprint button, (also not having to swipe up when device is kept unlocked by a trusted agent. According to lock screen settings, I can only skip swiping up if I forego any kind of security, which understandably I'd rather not do. Can you help me out?

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
nowdeleted
Big Cheese
Options
look for settings and biometrics in the settings and see if you can change the way your phone asks for info to unlock it
0 Likes
ickam
First Poster
Options

This is all I get in the section of settings that you point out 

Screenshot_20201215-214125_Settings.jpg

So basically the only way to not have to swipe up is not to have any security whatsoever. But I am asking whether or not this can be tweaked in anyway, either via developer options / adb or maybe if samsung would consider updating the software to be more accessible in this way,

0 Likes
nowdeleted
Big Cheese
Options
this is the options on my s10 with the ui3 update beta 2 update

not much different from your screen shot

Screenshot_20201216-170930_Settings.jpg

0 Likes
JerryS
Voyager
Options
I really like the M51 too. On mine if you just lightly place your finger on the power/fingerprint button without pressing it in it unlocks without the need to swipe. Hope this helps!
0 Likes