Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gallery photos disoriented and dates changed.

(Topic created on: 10-10-2022 01:56 AM)
chzuck
First Poster
Options

I recently changed from a Samsung J7 to a A03s.  All of my photos in the Gallery were on an SD card.  I changed the card from the J7 to the A03s and now the photo taken dates are wrong, the orientations are wrong, and I lost all of the tags I assigned to the photos.  What happened.  NOT a happy camper to say the least.

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
KARMAIZ
Journeyman
Options
If all of "your" photos which you took are on a SD card then they are encrypted as they are backed up to prove that you are the legal copyright owner as they are your photos.
0 Likes
chzuck
First Poster
Options

As I have looked more into the problem I am finding duplicate photos taken with my old phone that have a different numbering system unlike the format normally used, year month day.  And these photos seem to be the ones that are oriented wrong.

0 Likes
chzuck
First Poster
Options

As I continue trying to find photos I am more confused and angry at what Samsung did.  I had tags on most photos, there gone.  Photos no longer have the original filename of yyyymmdd.  I don't understand why, they were on an SD card which I merely switched from the old phone to the new phone.  I also recently went from Android 11 to 12 so I am not sure if the change from my J7 Crown messed things up or the update to 12.  Either way, unacceptable!

0 Likes
chzuck
First Poster
Options

Learning more.  Those photos that were sideways and had a different file numbering system were low resolution copies of SOME of my photos.  i deleted all of them.  However the rest were lacking the tags I had added.  I re tagged most of them and for now the tags are there.

0 Likes