Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy M32 Non-responsive screen after OneUI 4.1 update

(Topic created on: 22-05-2022 09:10 AM)
smithy7
Explorer
Options
Anyone else had this problem?

After the latest One UI 4.1 update on Android 12 the screen on my phone does not respond to inputs. Screen can be turned on using power button but no swiping inputs respond and screen times out and turns off.

Using power and volume down buttons is only way to get screen to respond after forcing a soft restart.

I happens every morning after phone has not been used for 7-8 hours and happens randomly throughout the day. 

In an emergency having to restart your phone before calling for help can cause loss of life please Samsung look into this as a matter of urgency yes I have sent multiple error reports and logs.
69 REPLIES 69
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

That's not good at all @smithy7 

Please try >

• Https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-clear-the-cache-on-my-device/ You may need to insert your earphones or hook upto a powered On Laptop to access the Clear Partition Section. This may help with lag or stutters as this clears the phone of old/unused or broken cache files.There is also a Repair Apps option in the Menu System too. 
  • As a very last resort back up and factory reset.
  • You can also send feedback via the Samsung Members App under the GetHelp section.
  • Visit a Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre.

I wish you all the best.  :smiling-face: 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

smithy7
Explorer
Options
I cleared the cache partition I will see how my phone works today, thank you for your instructions
smithy7
Explorer
Options
Still having the same issue might have to do the factory reset and try do all but the latest UI update which is what caused the problem
pgridin
First Poster
Options

I have exactly the same.  After the latest One UI 4.1 update touch screen hangs randomly.

paulatino
Journeyman
Options

I am having the same issue, since I updated to UI 4.1 and Android 12 the touch screen stops responding from time to time, the only way of fixing it  is rebooting the phone using the power+volume down button. So far it has happened three times in a single day, it is quite annoying.

smithy7
Explorer
Options
I am still having the same problem Samsung says it needs repairing leaving me without a phone... Brilliant. Why can't there be an option to revert to the previous UI as 4.1 is clearly the issue
0 Likes
BoraG
Explorer
Options

The same for me

0 Likes
BoraG
Explorer
Options

I totally agree. It is a software problem and surely related with new UI.

BoraG
Explorer
Options

May be it is caused by one of the apps. Did anyone has any update on the issue?

0 Likes