Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy A54 battery draining when not used

(Topic created on: 3 weeks ago)
Ian222
Apprentice
Options

Hello

I have an A53 which I use regularly and the battery life is excellent.

My wife bought an A54 which is not used frequently.

The problem is that when the A54 is not being used at all (left lying on a desk undisturbed) the battery drains down from 100% to 0% at an even rate in approximately 48 hours.

I have checked each setting category from the A53 to the A54 and there is nothing obvious in the A54 settings that could be causing the problem.  Data saver is off, most Apps are sleeping / deep sleeping, battery saver on etc.  I have checked and installed software updates and re-started the phone.

It would seem that either something is going on with the A54 when it is not being used to drain power or the A54 battery is faulty or substantially inferior to the A53 battery. 

Would appreciate any thoughts

Thank you

Ian

4 REPLIES 4
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi
Do you use Device Care app
Clicking on battery may give you an idea of what is draining the battery 1712846665208_1712846665194_0.jpg
Ian222
Apprentice
Options

Hi

Thanks for this - no joy - 

Ian222_0-1712847408676.png

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Ian222: Are Wi-Fi, Bluetooth or Mobile data enabled while the phone is idle? If so, please try disabling these features to reduce background activity on the device. 

If you're concerned about the battery quality, then please head to the Samsung Members app > Press and hold on the app icon > Diagnostics > Phone diagnostics > Battery status. Does this say 'Normal', or does it flag any issues? 

Ian222
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for this.

Battery status test done - normal

Bluetooth and Mobile Data were not enabled - have turned off Wi-Fi as suggested and will monitor although I am not hopeful.

What I don't understand is that all these 3 are enabled on my A53 with no battery drainage problems (with A53 being used while A54 is idle.

0 Likes