Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection problems with old Samsung GT-18260 phone

(Topic created on: 01-02-2024 09:29 AM)
xprt007
First Poster
Options

Hi there

I have an old Samsung GT-18260 phone, with which I am having problems connecting to the internet. It says all available software updates are installed. I managed to get it connected to separate Wi-Fi networks BUT  funny enough,

• when I click the "internet" button, the browser which turns up allows me to search for anything with Google and shows the results. The problem as soon as you click on any of the results links, I get an error message, that the web page is not available/Connection problem/There was a network error. It does not matter which link it is. Same when I type in any url directly.
  • Google play loads some default apps, but when I try to search for any, every time I get: No results found
  • Gmail works, being able to load emails BUT, try to install/setup the @mail app, each time I correctly type in the username and pass for my Gmail account, it says the log-on is not correct.
  • trying to install a Youtube app update: new version not compatible

With these issues, it has not been possible to access any webpages, apart from Google search or install any apps. How do I get internet access for all apps?

Thank you in advance

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
keith30
Maestro
Options
A lot of apps require the lastest software for it function correctly I.e Andriod 12/13/14:etc because your device is old it probably isn't compatible anymore
0 Likes
xprt007
First Poster
Options
  • Thank you for the quick response. It makes sense regarding compatibility, such as with the Youtube app.
    Do you think that applies to Gmail managing to connect and the browser managing to load Google search results but the same browser failing to load the search result links and urls or something could be done to solve this?
  • Although there is probably not much space, do you think there is any possibility of an Android upgrade?
0 Likes
Yetski
Journeyman
Options
I find it alot easier to use a secondary phone, linked up to my WiFi and then connect through the hotspot on your secondary to your gt18260. That should help till you sort it.
0 Likes