Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 Step Verification Issue

(Topic created on: 10-02-2020 07:49 AM)
iamdakool
Apprentice
Options

Hi

Ive been using my same email address since 2015 for samsung account. I added 2 step verification my old number which I don't have any longer noe that number is active any more. Now samsung store Nor let me login with another samsung account nor it let me by pass 2 step verification. I do have my current password. Its my humble request if samsung team could help me disable 2 step verification. I can provide all the details.

9 REPLIES 9
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@iamdakool 

As this is a Security Feature you may find these links helpful.

That or try a Samsung Experience Store  / Samsung Service Centre.

Turn-Off-Two-Factor-Authentication-on-Samsung-Galaxy 

Samsung Support. 

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

iamdakool
Apprentice
Options
Thanks , But It ask me to login to disable it , and I do have the password so when I login it ask me for 2 step verification but I don't have access to the number as I told in my post earlier. So I'm stuck at that same screen to enter the verification code I would have received on my old number.
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options
@iamdakool: I recommend getting in touch with the Samsung Accounts Team to see if they're able to change the active number on your account. You can reach them on 0800 995 1079. Let me know how you get on.
0 Likes
iamdakool
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for the suggestion. I could certainly call them for assistance, what country code I should use as I'm based in United Arab Emirates and that number doesn't seem to work here.  

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options
@iamdakool: If you're based outside the EU then please contact Samsung Support in your region via the link below, where an advisor will be able to point you in the right direction.

https://www.samsung.com/ae/info/contactus/
0 Likes
IAmAndy
First Poster
Options

Try logging into your account from your laptop or computer and setting it up from there. I did this and it was only then that they finally sent me a code.

0 Likes
Kittypr0nz
First Poster
Options

Both my Google and my Samsung already had two step verification turned off when I switched phones today, still can't access this magical Cloud place that supposedly has all my data stored somewhere. Calles support, sat on hold for an hour with no indication as to the length of the que, gave up after an hour. Texted support. She said to call support. Overall, not helpful.

0 Likes
Dominique7
First Poster
Options

i need help with that same issue can someone help me out

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

To anyone still having an access to their old phone number (SIM) but SMS verification code isn't coming, the following will fix the issue:

- To enable 2-step SMS verification with Samsung account, go to "Settings" -> "Lock Settings" -> deselect "Lock network and security".

(Sorry for hijacking this thread, it's just that search engine brought me here might bring other folks too)