Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why are you obsessed with updates ?

(Topic created on: 21-11-2023 03:16 AM)
lee815
Pathfinder
Options

I've had the S21 from just after it was released & haven't noticed hardly any difference in any of the updates, so I don't understand why nearly every other post on this site is asking about the update.

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
I'm not sure why people get so focused on updates. Almost like they think the phone will stop working.
A lot of the updates are so minor that they are background adjustments at best.
Occasionally Google will send out important security patches
But like with One UI 6. Although I like some of the changes. I think people think it will be a completely new thing
For me, updates when they drop are great. But if I have to wait for them, it's no bother. They come out when they come out
The phone still carries on working regardless.

A lot of other Android manufacturers will get them every 3 to 6 months or longer.
Other phones I had, the updates were not set. They were sent out when needed. Especially my old Sony phones
Joeeye
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
OCD to put it simply.
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

My take on this @lee815 is that updates either enhance a feature / function already on the phone ,and sometimes add a new one.

The caveat is that functions and features on the rare occasion can be removed. 

My primary interest is security patches for obvious reasons. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

GC74
Navigator
Options
People like to have the latest software as well as the latest phone.
0 Likes
Piper123
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
My own view is that OS updates like One UI6 generally are incremental and not major these days and not worth stressing over.

I'm far more interested in Security patches which need to be rolled out as quickly but also as safely as possible and both Samsung and Google do pretty good jobs at that.
S24 Ultra