Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Water icon warning every time I insert usb charger.

(Topic created on: 09-05-2023 02:15 PM)
Bluenose57
First Poster
Options
This is driving me crazy I've contacted Samsung and they say I need a repair I disagree with them as My wife's s22 has also started the same warning this has only started since the last two updates, also googled issue and there are hundreds of people experiencing the same problem. Samsung are passing the buck by saying we all need repairs. Advice regarding this appreciated a fix would be amazing looking forward to your replies. 

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11
jonathaneuk
Navigator
Options
Hi there.

Are you referring to the moisture detected in charging port warning ?
If so then yes. Samsung are correct and require a repair. The issue is with the charging port and a repair will resolve it.

0 Likes
Bluenose57
First Poster
Options
Thanks for your response but the port is absolutely I've had it looked at and confirmed that the usb port is fine. Also my wife's also so I'm afraid your wrong samsung know there is an issue if you google it you will see that there is hundreds complaining of the same issue
0 Likes
carolnick
First Poster
Options
Yes my phone has just started doing this
0 Likes
carolnick
First Poster
Options
I have just plugged mine into power bank and it charges no problem no icon so maybe the charging plug🤔😒
0 Likes
RuthlessAfro24
Voyager
Options
I would probably dry the port out or use a different cable
0 Likes
Bluenose57
First Poster
Options
Thanks for the replies. As for different plugs and cables we've tried half a dozen with no joy apart from my wife's s22 which had the problem, but tonight it charged as normal thankfully. That also shows it's not the usb port hopefully samsung will acknowledge and finally find the fix. If not it will be my last samsung phone I ever buy
0 Likes
jonathaneuk
Navigator
Options
Hi.
I'm a Samsung tech and I repair many of these ports on a regular basis for this issue. And after inspecting the ports under a microscope I can confirm why it does it.
0 Likes
Bluenose57
First Poster
Options
Why is it doing it? As I've said before the port has been checked and we were informed that it's OK. And they couldn't tell me why this warning was happening. So you can confirm why it does it. So please explain why.
0 Likes
jonathaneuk
Navigator
Options
Hi
Can be something as tiny as a small bit of corrosion on a pin which can only been seen by a super close microscope. Normally giving the port a good clean and scrub solves it but returns often. So easiest it to get a new port in to solve the issue.
0 Likes