Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VoLTE toggle missing, S10e

(Topic created on: 21-04-2023 04:20 PM)
KanataSteve
Apprentice
Options

My carrier now has VoLTE and they tell me my S10e has been provisioned on their end, I just need to toggle VoLTE on.  The toggle does not exist on my phone. Samsung chat hasn't been able to help me with a solution.  Has anyone else encountered this issue and do you have a solution.

My phone is running Android 12, One UI 4.1 and there are no software updates available.  I have restarted the phone, reset network settings, tried everything I can.  My Mobile Voice Network type is LTE and the phone is Registered under IMS Registration Status.  When I make a call the voice network type drops down to UMTS.

Any suggestions?  I need VoLTE for an upcoming trip to USA.  I need to get this fixed but Samsung seems unable to help. Model number is SM-G970W

5 REPLIES 5
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
4g is volte, just make sure your network provider supports it
KanataSteve
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for the reply. I have seen screenshots of the S10e with the VoLTE toggle and I have been told by my provider (Fizz in Canada) that I need to turn on the VoLTE toggle, which doesn't exist on my phone. When I make a call my phone drops out of LTE and goes to 3G (UTMS). obviously VoLTE is not working on my phone.

Looking for solutions.

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hi @KanataSteve ,

I can see that you've got a non EU Samsung phone.  With Samsung support being localised and this being a European forum (the English language part is supported by the Samsung UK & Ireland team, for example), we're limited in what we can do for you in terms of direct support. 

Have you been in touch with Samsung Canada about this issue, to see if others there are reporting the same? You can reach them from here: Help&Contact Us | Samsung Canada

0 Likes
KanataSteve
Apprentice
Options

TessM, I didn't realize this was an EU forum.  I have been in contact, via chat, with Samsung Canada however they just seem confused and couldn't figure out why the VoLTE option wasn't visible on my phone. They seemed to believe it should be there. They had me do all the things I had already done but nothing helped.  My service provider tells me my phone account has been provisioned for VoLTE but I need to activate the VoLTE switch/toggle for it to work. That switch/toggle is not available on my phone.  Samsung Canada has now suggested that I go to one of their service agencies (at my cost of course) but I'm not so sure that they will be able to help either.  I guess it may be what I have to do.

I have been doing some reading and searching of the internet and it appears that I am not the only one that is missing the VoLTE toggle.  It seems that Samsung may have removed it from the S10 series after Android 10 if what I'm reading is correct. That makes no sense since it needs to be on for VoLTE to work.  Apparently there was an app called Samsung Band Selector that was a workaround however it seems that Samsung has put an end to that workaround.

If anyone has any other suggestions I'm willing to try what is suggested.

Thanks for getting back to me.  TessM, do you know if there is a similar community for Canada/USA that I could pose my question on?

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

No need to apologise @KanataSteve ! I can recall anything similar here. Posting on the US Community may help you find if any more users are being affected by this there: https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S-Phones/bd-p/get-help-phones-galaxy-s-phones

0 Likes