Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voice search capability disappeared from Chrome?

(Topic created on: 25-12-2022 11:31 AM)
Veitchy
Student
Options

Hi.  I've had an S21 for over a year now.  (I think) a recent Android software update has removed the voice search (mic icon) capability from the Chrome browser.  I have scoured the internet for a solution but they all suggest tapping the three dots at the top, selecting Settings  > Toolbar shortcut > Voice search.  I no longer have the Toolbar shortcut on Chrome.  I do on my Samsung tablet but not on the phone.  I 'had a chat' with the bot yesterday.  One option was to uninstall Chrome updates - no luck there.  Another solution suggested updating Chrome.  Still no luck!  Any ideas?  

4 REPLIES 4
J103
First Poster
Options

Veitchy, I'm having same issue on my Z Flip3 after update. Microphone is missing, even on all chrome widgets. Did you find a solution?

0 Likes
Veitchy
Student
Options

Hi.  Unfortunately, no.  At first I, got on to Google but they said it was nothing to do with them, stating it was a technical/software issue.  That's why I thought I'd ask the community.  I'll try Samsung technical support  .

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

Did they have an answer for you @Veitchy ?

(My car is old and the dashboard system doesn't have the fancy driving apps so I for one would love to be able to have that microphone button back!)

0 Likes
law16
First Poster
Options

June 2024. Same problem, somewhat. I use Samsung Internet on my A54, when I go to search bar, which is set to defaul to Google Search, there IS a microphone but when I click on it, it says 'Voice search has been turned off" See Details. I've tried EVERYTHING and put in permissions in every possible place, including on the desktop Google, etc. Have restarted phone, nothing has worked. 

0 Likes