Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

UPDATE ON FACTORY RESET AFTER BREACH

(Topic created on: 24-11-2023 04:23 PM)
Bev54
Helping Hand
Options

Further information regarding my Samsung galaxy s10 breach. I tried to access the settings where you can do a mass clear cache partition and it would have on the list the option to do a factory reset, each time i have tried to access this on my galaxy S10 and my s10 tuns back on it always shows this sign for a few seconds, does anyone know what this means please xx
I have just managed to do a factory reset on my Samsung galaxy s10 that had been breached. I was not able to do a factory reset by holding certain buttons down, when i would try to do a reset with the buttons a code would come up ( as in picture below) I have just been into General Management in my settings and that gave me the option in those settings to do a factory reset and it has worked. Everything on the mobile phone s10 seems to be working as normal so far. Thank you to everyone and all your suggestions and support 😊

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
MorningBlunt
Helping Hand
Options
I think you breached yourself. It looks like you have a debug mode or something turned on in developer settings.
Also have you tried using a search engine for the message that shows up?

MB
0 Likes
Lord_Shiva
Voyager
Options
(Connect with type C cable/type C earphone only for Android 11)
OR
IF YOU HAVE ANOTHER MOBILE THEN CONNECT WITH CABLE WHETHER IT IS TYPE C TO TYPE C OR MICRO USB PORT take help of otg connector to connect other mobile.

2) Press and hold the Volume Up key and the power button.
3) When the Android logo displays, release all keys.
4) Press the Volume down key to navigate and select "Wipe cache partition".
5) Press Power key to select. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Select Reboot System.
6) Press the Power key to restart the device.

Solution
AntS
Options

Hi @Bev54 , Not one I've encountered personally, but reading around it appears to happen if the device hasn't been able to get into the Recovery mode (i.e. the bit where you'd do stuff like wipe cache partition etc.) for some reason. Lord_Shiva is along the right lines I feel.

To get into Recovery mode on my S10 I usually plug my S10 into my PC with the charging/data USB-C cable, then do the following steps:

1. Hold the Power button of the device till the power menu pops up and select Power Off.
  2. Wait for the device to turn off completely.
  3. Press Volume Up + Bixby Button + Power Button for a few seconds (until the Samsung logo appears).

(In Recovery mode, the Volume key navigates up and down, and the Power key selects the highlighted option.)

Bev54
Helping Hand
Options
@AntS thank you for your advice, i have tried with using the volume buttons and bixy and on / off button and i am unable to get my S10 into recovery mode. I took your advice and i have my S10 in safe mode and everything works great, when it is not in safe mode, Google chrome will not open and lookout premium ( the option to click on breach mode tells me that I am not connected to the internet, so until i ring samsung next week and arrange a day and time for them to remote access my S10, I am keeping it in safe mode. I am currently using my Samsung galaxy A13 and have just ordered a Samsung galaxy A14, thank you for all your support and advice, i really appreciate it 😊
0 Likes