Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saved emails gone

(Topic created on: 11-12-2021 06:50 PM)
Savage_Rose
Explorer
Options
Since the last software update all of my saved emails except ones from the last week are all gone.
I had very important emails that are not possible to replace.
How do I get these back?
I have legal info that I need. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
AndrewL
Options

@Savage_Rose: This could potentially be linked to your Sync Period. To check, please ensure you are connected to Wi-Fi or Mobile Data, then open your Email app > Tap the 3 lines in the top left > Tap the cog in the top right of the pop-up box > Select your email account > Sync Account > On > Swipe from the top of the screen to the bottom > Select 'Sync' from the Quick Panel. While you are in the Email Settings menu please check your Sync Schedule and Sync Period, and make sure you have Limit Retrieval Size set to 'No Limit'. If the issue persists, please try removing the account and re-adding it via the steps below to see if this helps.

Settings > Accounts and Backup > Manage Accounts > Email > Remove Account > Manage Accounts > Add Account > Email, and fill in the required fields. 

View solution in context

11 REPLIES 11
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Sign in your email on PC and see if they are there....
Solution
AndrewL
Options

@Savage_Rose: This could potentially be linked to your Sync Period. To check, please ensure you are connected to Wi-Fi or Mobile Data, then open your Email app > Tap the 3 lines in the top left > Tap the cog in the top right of the pop-up box > Select your email account > Sync Account > On > Swipe from the top of the screen to the bottom > Select 'Sync' from the Quick Panel. While you are in the Email Settings menu please check your Sync Schedule and Sync Period, and make sure you have Limit Retrieval Size set to 'No Limit'. If the issue persists, please try removing the account and re-adding it via the steps below to see if this helps.

Settings > Accounts and Backup > Manage Accounts > Email > Remove Account > Manage Accounts > Add Account > Email, and fill in the required fields. 

Savage_Rose
Explorer
Options

Thank you :smiling-face:

DJSomers
Journeyman
Options

Andrew, I followed your instructions on my s10. I got to "Sync Schedule" but there is no "Sync Period" option. I'm afraid if I uninstall and reinstall the Samsung email app, I may lose more emails. The problem is only with the "Saved Emails" folder. I place important emails there and they have disappeared.  😞   Any other ideas? Thanks.

0 Likes
Amber5748
Apprentice
Options

I did all that was advised but at the start of every new month mine all kept disappearing. I now check the Star on the emails and they have all stay in the starred section. Maybe that might be an option for you too.

DJSomers
Journeyman
Options

Thanks for the idea. I like to keep my Inbox as clean as possible. To test, I saved an email that I starred. Then, in my Inbox, I deleted the starred email to see if it was still saved in my Starred folder but, as I suspected, it wasn't. One of the things I like about Save to File emails is that after doing that, the original email can be deleted.

I do see that I posted to the wrong email thread. I have a Galaxy s10, not the s20.

0 Likes
Stevie957
Apprentice
Options

I just had the same problem. I went into my files>downloads and at the top was a folder called saved emails. I clicked on one and opened it using the email app, closed it then went back into the email app and looked for the saved email folder  and it had reappeared.

0 Likes
Jlew33
Student
Options

I know this post is from last year but my saved emails have and still are disappearing. I bought the new Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra in February of this year and have had the "missing saved email" issue ever since then. Neither of the above suggestions fixed the problem, although it did result in four saved emails reappearing, which gives me hope that the 50+ ones that have vanished are still accessible. 

Please tell me you have other solutions to try? It's really frustrating and having to save every email by leaving it in my inbox is creating a unorganized mess.  

DJSomers
Journeyman
Options

Jlew33, I totally agree! I have the s10, but the same problem. I place important emails in my Saved Emails folder, only to find that they have disappeared later. SO frustrated! Samsung really needs to correct this issue.

0 Likes