Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung S21 Ultra charging issue

(Topic created on: 2 weeks ago)
Members_GU2Hww9
First Poster
Options

Hi,

My son's Samsung S21 Ultra is acting up... It will not charge fast or ultrafast no matter what cable / charger we use. However - wireless fast charging does work. Needless to say, all options in setup are turned on and were toggled on/off several times without changing the outcome. The phone says "charging" only on cable, and "Fast Wireless Charging" when used with the same charger and a fast wireless charging surface. Any ideas? Is this a hardware or firmware issue?

The phone was recently updated to Android 13.

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Members_GU2Hww9 

I would suggest that you clean the charging port thoroughly  to rule out  any debris there.  I assume the charger is fine.   some advice here https://www.asurion.com/connect/tech-tips/how-to-clean-out-your-android-or-iphone-charging-port/    However worthwhile checking  Diagnostics via Samsung Members-Get Help. you could run your phone in Safe Mode as if works there would suggest a conflict with 3rd party app (if applicable)  and  pinpoint recent apps which have been installed.

Whilst not guaranteed sometimes wiping the cache partition can help with charging issues, if not done lately certainly an idea if other solutions do not help.   Follow these steps:

1. Turn off the device.
2. Connect To Computer or other Device , Press and hold the Volume Up key and then press and hold the Power key
3. When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
4. An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
6. Press Power key to select.
7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
9. Press the Power key to restart the device.

If though issue persists advisable to send an Error Report, Samsung Members-Support-Send Feedback-Error Reports-power/Battery/Charging. Ensure send system logs is selected.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.