Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung S21 Battery Expanded in Size

(Topic created on: a month ago)
Osamxh
Student
Options

Im not sure on what to do, I recently noticed my phones battery has expanded in size, Ive had the phone a little over 2 years and actually started noticing that my battery was draining quite quickly 1 year into owning this phone, now the battery dies extremely fast and sometimes shuts off when its at 5%. The back of the phone is kind of sticking out and I believe it is because of the battery as I also see a small bulge in the back. What should I do? I dont feel like Ive owned this phone long enough for it to deteriorate in such a manner. 

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
J297EC
Pioneer
Options
I would recommend getting a new battery from samsung or a repair centre that gives brand new official batteries or find a battery yourself and install it yourself,
Also when you get a new battery try protect battery, not battery saver, it will limit your battery to 85% but it will increase the lifespan of the battery
AndrewL
Options

@Osamxh: I'm sorry to hear that you have encountered this issue on your Galaxy S21. If you are based in the UK or Ireland then please send a private message to Sam_UK by following the steps in the link below, and myself or one of the other mods will be able to get this escalated for you. 

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/samsung-lounge/how-to-send-a-private-message-on-the-samsung-comm...

Osamxh
Student
Options

I live in Sweden, is there anything you can suggest for me to do?

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Osamxh: If you are based in Sweden, then please reach out to Samsung Support in your region by following the link below, and an advisor will be able to provide further support for your query. 

https://www.samsung.com/se/support/contact/

0 Likes
TechZilla
Troubleshooter
Options
First of all stop using your phone, it can be dangerous if the battery becomes punctured. Next thing you should do is take it to a Samsung authorised repair centre to get your battery replaced ASAP. I don't think you can post it due to potential danger. I suspect eventually that your back panel may begin to unstick if the battery expands more, I have had this happen to me and didn't keep my phone in my home. Hope this helps
pukisCatos
Voyager
Options
Back up your files, samsung offers cloud saving for 30 days or do it om your pc. Then discharge the phone (to minimise fire risk) and don't use it till fixing it somewhere authorised
0 Likes
johnsmith901
Student
Options

It sounds like you're advising caution regarding a potentially dangerous situation with a phone battery. Your suggestion to stop using the phone and take it to a Samsung authorized repair center for battery replacement is prudent. It's essential to address battery issues promptly to avoid any risks of puncture or swelling, which could lead to further damage or safety hazards. Thank you for sharing your experience and advice to help others stay safe with their devices.