Did you mean: 

Samsung S20FE suddenly locked after touching a Knox options in autostarts

(Topic created on: 2 weeks ago)
Inadv
First Poster
Options

My phone is totally locked, even after I reboot it. I get a screen with that:

Screenshot_20240508-122041_One UI Home.jpg

"Phone locked (4224) because Device Services was uninstalled without authorization"

It occurred when, in the "autostarts" app, I clicked by mistake on "After startup / Knox". It immediately popped up and will not go away whatever I am trying.

Of course I never tried to uninstall this "Device Services".

My phone is rooted, so Knox never worked anyway and I can reinstall any missing apk through adb/pm or any other commands. I tried many things, but none worked.

Why do my phone came by default with a malware that locks it if I touch a useless application ???

Can you please provide a trick to disable this malware or reinstall this Device Services without doing a Factory Reset ?

Thanks

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
OmegaMutant
Pathfinder
Options
Whatever you were doing clearly impacted the Device Services app installed on the phone.

I'm not sure which app you're calling malware. If it's Device Services then that's not malware. I have it on my non-rooted phone.

Your question is probably more suited for forums tailored for rooted devices tbh and may get a more detailed answer/outcome from those more experienced with rooted devices.
Robin999
Black Belt 
Options
As your phone is rooted, i.e., non stock, then I'm unable to give advice. Community guidelines prevent this. Suggest you ask elsewhere. However, that's not to say someone else may offer, so stick around if you want.
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I love it, you messed up your phone, so decided to blame someone else, #notmalware

Factory reset
MNas04
Helping Hand
Options
Because you said you rooted your phone, Knox is basically tripped, and that's final, meaning there isn't much that can be done.
0 Likes