Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

SAMSUNG GALAXY S10 FACTORY RESET

(Topic created on: 30-11-2023 04:18 PM)
Bev54
Helping Hand
Options
Hi after successfully being able to perform a factory reset on my Samsung galaxy s10 after it had been breached everything seems to be back to normal, please does anyone know how far back in terms of months or years my s10 will have been reset back to? 😊
0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Bev54  The device is restored to the original manufacturer settings,should be reset to the status when brand new. It is a software reset, obviously cannot solve hardware issues if any were present.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

View solution in context

6 REPLIES 6
Solution
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Bev54  The device is restored to the original manufacturer settings,should be reset to the status when brand new. It is a software reset, obviously cannot solve hardware issues if any were present.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Bev54
Helping Hand
Options
Thank you for letting me know that, the Samsung galaxy s10 was released in March 2019
Piper123
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Hi @Bev54

As others have mentioned, it was go back to factory state.

Now you'll start getting all the updates to bring it back to to current and if you've backed up, that will also kick in so watch your WiFi data use rocket up today lol
Bev54
Helping Hand
Options
I bought the phone as refurbished in August last year and the s10 was newly released in March 2019, so I wasn't able to have anymore updates as of March this year, i did not back up anything off the phone as it was breached a few weeks ago, and i also have a samsung galaxy 12 and A13 and a samsung galaxy tab A7 lite so i have my important things on those mobile phones, i am starting from the beginning with the s10, it's done alot of updating apps etc, and will see how it goes from here after the brech, everything is working fine at the moment and nothing was working right after it had been breached, so am keeping my fingers crossed that it stays like it is now 😊
Bu7ch
Student
Options
As an s10 user please could you test something for me.. im having a dispute at the moment and I'm trying to see if it's a common issue or just my device.... when you check your imei number on the white screen... is there a small blob or semicircle on the bottom left hand side??
Bev54
Helping Hand
Options
@ Bu7ch
No there is no small blob or semi circle on the bottom left hand side of my screen when i get my imei number up, sorry, maybe one of the Samsung team can help you with that
0 Likes